Chapter 4: Labour

"What?" his voice was frantic "The baby is coming!" Skulduggery didn't need any more information, so he swept her up and sprinted outside to the Bentley and lay her down in the back "Ok, were going to the sanctuary now! Just try and keep c-" but the rest of his sentence couldn't be heard over Valkyries scream "GET IN THE GODAMN CAR PLEASANT!" she yelled and Skulduggery flinched but obliged. When they were on the road Skulduggery held one of Valkyries hands but soon regretted it when he felt on of his bones snap and he held in a yell of pain "Its going to be ok angel." he said through gritted teeth "YOUR NOT THE ONE PUSHING A BABY OUT YOU VA-" she screamed so loud Skulduggery swerved on the road "Shhh! Were almost at the sanctuary now!" he yelled over the yells and cries of pain "Almost is not close enough!" her voice was strained "Skul, I don't think we will make it!"

"We will! Were less then a minute away! Just hold on!" Skulduggery let go of Valkyries hand and slammed his foot down on the pedal and the Bentley shot of like a rocket. He expertly swerved in between other cars which were on the road in front of them and ran over a squirrel in the process but he didn't really care at the moment but he made a mental note to bury it later on and thank it for its sacrifice, to be honest he didn't know why he was planning a squirrels funeral since he wouldn't get to actually attend because Valkyrie would most definitely kill him for putting her through the pain. "Its ok sweetie were here!" he pulled up and jumped out the car and ran to Valkyries door and carried her out while she was in the process of screaming and sprinted inside "Move out the way before I kick you out the way! PREGNANT WOMAN COMING THROUGH!" he yelled and all the mages in his way scattered to the side and created a clear path for them "OOOOWWWWW!" she screamed and Skulduggery lay her on a bed and doctors swarmed in while Skulduggery sat on the chair next to her and held her hand comfortingly "I SWEAR PLEASANT WHEN THIS BABY IS OUT I AM GOING TO MURDER YOU WITH A STICK!" Skulduggery nodded and accepted his fate since after Valkyrie gave birth he planned to run. Far, far away from his wife "Its going to be o-" but Valkyrie pulled his collar down so there heads were touching "You dare say its going to be ok, I swear to GOD!" Skulduggery nodded quickly and she let go of his collar "Ok Valkyrie one more push!" the nurse shouted and with an almighty scream and a push the next thing they all heard was a babies cry. Skulduggery looked at the nurses as they quickly carried the baby over to a blanket and wrapped it in it and carried it over to Valkyrie who eagerly took the little bundle of joy into her awaiting arms. Skulduggery rested his skull onto her head and looked down at the baby "Its a girl. Congratulations." the nurse said and walked out while Valkyrie smiled down at her daughter "S...shes perfect." Skulduggery whispered and stroked her little cheek as she opened her beautiful, piercing, emerald eyes "What do we name her?" Skulduggery asked "What was your daughters and your wifes names?" she asked "Emma was my little girl and Rose was my wifes name." he said and Valkyrie smiled "Then her name will be Emma-Rose Pleasant." Skulduggery looked at Valkyrie "Oh, angel you don't have to do that."

"But I want to." Skulduggery planted a skeletal kiss on her forehead "Thank you." he whispered softly "Do you want to hold you daughter?" he nodded and took Emma out of Valkyrie's arms and stared down at her lovingly and stroked her head "She is perfect." he said and Valkyrie kissed his cheekbone "And she's ours."