Chapter 6: Terrified Skeleton

When Skulduggery arrived back at the sanctuary he practically bounced down the halls until he came to Valkyries room. When he entered the sight in front of him could warm even nastiest of criminals hearts. Ghastly Bespoke was sat with Emma in his big muscular arms cooing gently and Tanith looking over his shoulder staring lovingly at her. They were one big family and Skulduggery loved them all dearly. But as he was looking at Emma he noticed Valkyrie glaring at him from the bed and Skulduggery started to get a little nervous "Hello Pleasant." she said and that was a bad sign. Whenever Valkyrie used Skulduggery's last name to address him it most certainly meant she was going to explode "Hello Love!" he said cheerily trying to lighten the mood "Where have you been?" now Skulduggery had two choices, he could either tell Valkyrie the truth or lie "I was talking to a dead squirrel." he said simply like it was the most normal thing in the world "You were talking to a dead squirrel?" she asked and he gulped "Yes. Yes I was and he wouldn't be dead if I hadn't run over him when I was driving here."

"So you left your wife and new born baby daughter, to go talk to a dead squirrel?" her voice held a very dangerous tone "I buried him too." that was it Valkyrie jumped of the bed, picked up a conveniently placed stick of the bed "Ghastly, look after your niece will you? I'm going to kill the skeleton." Ghastly looked up and saw Valkyrie with her eyes locked on the terrified skeleton and smirked "Emma will be perfectly safe! Cant say the same about Skulduggery though." he said and Skulduggery glared at him but his attention soon turned to his wife when she pounced and he managed to move out of the way just in time and as she landed Skulduggery was already half way down the hall. Valkyrie caught up to him fast enough and hit him on the head with the stick causing him to howl in pain but he kept on running until he was outside in the dark but Valkyrie couldn't manage to reach him and just as Skulduggery was about to cheer triumphantly she threw the stick at his head and the sound of it hitting his skull echoed followed by a shriek as he fell to the floor and she pounced on him and pinned him "What are you going to do now? Glare me to death?" he asked but soon regretted giving Valkyrie that idea as it would be a most painful death "No, worse!"

"What?" his voice held terror, but she didn't reply all she did was gently stroke his ribs through his shirt causing him to giggle a bit "Anything but this! Please Valkyrie?" he was begging but she didn't stop she just carried on until she hit a very sensitive spot on his spine and he barked a laugh "This is torture!" he cried and she grinned "That's what I was going for." she said and Skulduggery managed to wriggle one arm out of her grip and flipped her over so that she was on the bottom and he was on top "What are you going to do now Mrs Pleasant?" he asked smugly and she didn't respond she just lifted her head up and kissed him passionately on his cold teeth and he let his body weight fall onto her as se flipped them both over not breaking apart. The kiss was about to grow when Ghastly came running out of the doors "Um, guys? We have a bit of a problem." he said and the two broke off and looked at Ghastly who was holding a little baby wolf in his big boxer arms "Emma...she's a child of the moon."