Chapter 16: Don't leave

Emma was breathing heavily as she felt the knife press harder against her neck "Now, your going to come with me."

"No." she said and the man laughed "You say that as if you have a choice."

"Why do you want me?"

"Because my boss wants you."

"Well tell him to come get me."

"Maybe I will." he growled and Emma could have sworn there was a tiger hiding behind her "Good." was all she could say and the knife was taken away from her neck and she whipped around and the man was gone. She looked around looking for him but he was no where in sight "DAD!" she yelled up the stairs and within ten seconds he flew down the stairs and immediately embraced her "What? Are you ok?"

"No, someone came and put a knife against my neck and he said his boss wanted to kill me." her voice shook and she could feel Skulduggery's body shake with anger "We will find him." he snarled and Emma cuddled closer to him "Don't leave me. I don't want to be alone! I want to help." she said and Skulduggery pulled away and looked at her just as a single tear rolled down her cheek and he gently wiped it away "I'm not leaving you. You can come with us."

"Really?" her face lit up and he chuckled "Yes. Now come on. We have some work to do!"

I'm sorry this chapter is sooooo short! I'm trying really hard to come up with some good ideas for chapters! I promise to update soon!

-Blake