Chapter 34: Pleasant's never give up

"Don't you dare touch my daughter." Emma's eyes snapped open to see her father, the great skeleton detective stood about a meter away aiming a gun at Charlie's head. he walked closer and Emma could see Charlie tense "Get away." Skulduggery snarled and Charlie shuffled away from Emma and her father ran forward and embraced her "Oh my little girl! You don't need to worry anymore! Daddies here now!" he said and started to speak to her in Gaelic as he caressed her tear stained face and ripped the gag away "Daddy! Don't leave me again! I thought you were dead." she cried and he broke her shackles and she launched herself into his skeletal arms "Oh, my sweet baby! I'll never leave you again! I promise you!" he soothed. As all this was going on, they didn't notice Charlie coming closer with a knife and Skulduggery noticed it just as it was buried deep into Emma's back and she screamed "HOW DARE YOU!" Skulduggery roared and took his gun and shot Charlie right in the head and he fell limp to the floor and went back to Emma who was screaming with tears "Shhh! Its ok, angel! Were going to get you fixed, ok? Daddies here, its ok!" he tried to speak over her screams but she could hardly hear him, she could only hear her screams and a ringing in her ears "Daddy, it hurts!" she sobbed "I know baby, I know!" just then Abraox was thrown into the room and he scrambled of the floor and tried to scramble up but the door was shut in his face and he cursed under his breath "Abraox!" Skulduggery cried and the muscular mans eyes widened when he saw Emma on the floor and he rushed over to her "What happened?" Skulduggery pointed to the dead body on the floor and Abraox understood "is it mission accomplished? He asked and Skulduggery shook his head "No...Charlie is a shape shifter, I just killed one of his form. He will come back as someone else.""Who?""I don't know." they turned there attention back to Emma and her eyes were slowly fluttering shut "NO! EMMA! Come on baby girl! Don't die on me! Come on baby!" Skulduggery yelled and cradled her to his chest "Daddy...im going to die.""No your not! Your going to be just fine!""Daddy...im not.""Yes you are! Your going to be ok!" Abraox could feel the tears well up inside him, he had really cared for the girl and he did promise himself to protect and save her even if he was promised death and just because Skulduggery was alive didn't mean he would break his promise "Skulduggery." he whispered and the skeleton turned his attention to him "Pass me that dagger!" he pointed to the one in Emma's back and the skeleton violently shook his head "It will be to painful for her!""You need to trust me! Child of the moon blood can save anyone! If our blood is combined then it will save her! Just pull it out, quickly! We don't have much time." Skulduggery hesitated "This is going to hurt a little, baby." he whispered and pulled the knife out from her back and she screamed out in pain "Shhh! I know! I know!" he cuddled her closer and she started to throw up blood "Abraox! hurry!" Abraox used the dagger to cut his palm and he hissed in pain as his blood spilled out onto the dagger "Cut her palm!" he instructed and Skulduggery took the dagger and slashed her palm and waited for both Emma's and Abraox's blood to mix together before pulling the dagger out. What Abraox didn't tell Skulduggery that was when his blood mixes with another wolves blood then he will die...all magic has a price. The healing began immediately and Emma's wounds started to heal themselves and her screaming became small whimpers of pain and soon enough her wounds were gone, "Dad?" she asked and looked up at the skeleton who was staring down at her "Your alive! My baby's alive!" he cried and she laughed and hugged him tightly "Of course I am! I am a Pleasant after all."

""And Pleasant's never give up."" the coursed together and as Emma looked over Skulduggery's shoulder she gasped at the dead body on the floor "Abraox." she whispered