Chapter 36: Brothers?

"Ghastly?" Skulduggery whispered and the man pulled his hood down and sure enough, it was Ghastly Bespoke "Hello, Skulduggery!" he cheered "But...why? I don't understand."
"Do you honestly think I have no reason to kill you?" Skulduggery shook his head and Ghastly barked a laugh "You killed my mother." Emma felt Skulduggery go ridged against her "That...that was an accident! Ghastly, you have to believe me!"
"Why should I believe you? All you ever did was lie."
"I did it for your own good! I did it to protect you!"
"Did you? Or did you just want to save yourself from being killed?"
"Please, Ghastly! Your my brother! Remember what we said when we were little?"
"Of course I do."
"We said 'not brothers by blood but brothers by heart'. Ghastly, please! You don't want to do this!"
"Oh I do!"
"Ghastly! Please just understand why I didn't tell you!"
"No! I don't understand Skulduggery! I don't understand why you didn't tell your brother about being Lord Vile!" Skulduggery tensed "How did you know?"
"Valkyrie told me a while back."
"Please Ghastly!" Skulduggery tried "Just don't hurt Emma. Please." Ghastly laughed "That's the whole reason I'm doing this!"
"What?"
"I want Emma."
"Why?"

"Because she is useful to some people I know." Skulduggery got up and stalked over to Ghastly "You wont take her. You will have to go through me first." Ghastly grinned "With pleasure." he said and got into a fighting stance "Come on then." Skulduggery launched himself at the boxer who grabbed the skeleton in mid air and threw him to the floor where he combat rolled and got up again. Ghastly ran at him ad Skulduggery ran towards him, aiming a punch to his jaw but Ghastly blocked it by grabbing his hand and crushing it in his hands, making the Skulduggery stumble back in pain "Do you give up yet?" Ghastly asked "Never." Skulduggery jumped and Ghastly rolled under him and the skeleton landed where he once was with his back to Ghastly as he ran at him and sent a kick to his lower rib, snapping it. Skulduggery cried out in pain as he looked down at his broken rib and collapsed to the floor. Ghastly came up behind him and kicked his spine, making the fragile skeleton fall onto his hands and knees "Never try and fight with the person who taught you to fight." Ghastly snarled and Skulduggery crawled against the wall, taking his rib with him. Emma got up and ran over to Skulduggery but Ghastly grabbed her at last minute "Come on you!" he said and carried Emma to the door while she was kicking and screaming "DAD!" Skulduggery tried to get up but Ghastly had him held down with the air "BESPOKE!" Skulduggery screamed but the boxer chuckled and walked out the door."