Chapter Seventeen

You know your heart is crushing when you see someone you have mixed feelings for get dressed for a date, and not only a date, but the person you're crushing over is someone who is a weirdo. I tried to stay angry at Oakley but it was worthless when it took a few hours to get him to stay in my house.

I hated the fact that Oakley was going on a date with Mica without telling or asking me for my opinion but I didn't want to make him sad. I almost let the fact that Mica actually does like Oakley and doesn't want to get in his pants but I erased that thought and knew Mica more than anyone else. Hell, Aggie only knew that my mother was dead. Actually, everyone in the neighborhood knew she was dead.

I watched Oakley take off a blue shirt and throw it on the floor, huffing in frustration. He picked up five outfits but decided that it was too "ugly" or "not enough" to show himself. I stared at his pale skin that had beauty marks scattered on his shoulders and freckles on his stomach. He didn't look half bad.

"Why don't you just go like that? I'm sure you want him to see you naked," I half joked. I didn't want to rain on Oakley's parade because I seriously wanted to make him happy. But the aching in my heart was telling me otherwise.

Oakley blushed and chucked a random shirt at me. "No, Tate. I don't like showing my body, it's awkward."

It's perfect.

I shrugged. "Whatever. Just pick something."

"Do you think he likes black?" Oakley asked and picked up a black shirt.

"Yes," I said quickly. I wanted to punch myself on the face. Why did I tell Oakley his favorite color when black makes everyone look bad ass? Mica knew I hated black with a passion and tried to tone down the color of his outfits but it didn't work out so well. He said, and I quote, "I look like a fucking crayon with rainbow shit on." Oakley beamed and put on a baggy black shirt that showed off his shoulders and collarbones.

Oh why does he look innocent in bad ass clothes? He wasn't even trying.

Oakley put black skinny jeans and converse and made his hair wild by shaking his head. He tugged on sleeves and stared at the floor like it was the most interesting thing on earth.

He bit his bottom lip and asked sweetly, "How do I look?"

Darkness surrounded him but he was the light that made everything radiant. 

I swallowed harshly and looked away, ignoring the itch to touch him and kiss his delicate shoulders and collarbones. It was the lust that was taking over, the emotion that I loved when it came and it always felt good when it was scratched but looking at Oakley and taking his body...it was different. And that frightened me.

"You look good," I mumbled. I looked back at him and saw him looking at his phone."What time does Mica come and get you?"

Oakley looked up and said, "He said he will be here at seven but there's traffic."

I nodded and got up from the bed. I bended down and grabbed the clothes that were around my room and placed them on the bed. Oakley grabbed one of my shirts and tilted his head. "Momma's boy?" He giggled and looked at me. "It's pink too." I snatched the pink shirt and randomly threw it somewhere in my room.

"Don't laugh," I snapped. I immediately felt horrible for snapping at Oakley when he was only joking around. I was going to apologize when he giggled again. "Aw, you're blushing. It's kind of cute," he said and smiled brightly.

"I—I'm not blushing. The fuck are you talking about?" I snapped again but felt heat on my cheeks. Maybe I was blushing or not but I didn't care. Having Oakley giggle and smile around me made my heart warm because I was the caused of that. Oakley pinched my cheeks and sat on my bed. I sat next to him and we sat in silence. I decided to text Aggie and sent her a small paragraph why I'm sorry again and that I needed her help. Thankfully, she answered back.