Chapter Thirty Two

I wasted no time to look for Aggie. I stepped out of the classroom and was ready to start running when I saw Grant's sad eyes flash in my head. I looked inside and Grant was trying to get up but he looked defeated for some reason. I sagged my shoulders and quickly grabbed Grant's hand pull him up. His hands grabbed my shoulders to steady himself and it was the fourth time we locked eyes. I was ready to tell him no when he let go of me and took a big step back. 

"You're in a relationship, I have to remember that," he said, mostly to himself. He gave me a weary smile and started pushing me out of the room. I couldn't leave him alone when he was sad. That thought struck me. Did I care about Grant, my own bully? That wouldn't make any sense because he treated me like shit and I treated him like shit, that was what enemies to do each other. But I couldn't help but feel some type of way, feel that I am supposed to take full responsible of what happened to us. 

"Go before you miss her," Grant reminded me. 

I nodded and sent him a smile and ran. I pushed past the people that were making the hallway crowded than it should be. When people noticed I was running, they made an empty line in the hallway and that made me find Aggie easier and quicker. When I got the end to the hall, I stopped and tried to regain my breathing. I placed my hands on my knees and crunched down, breathing in and out. A pair of shoes came into my view and I looked up and saw Aggie staring confusedly and worriedly at me. 

"Tate, what are you doing? Are you okay?" Aggie asked and pulled me up. I wasted no time. I attacked her in a hug, my arms around waist and face close to her neck. I didn't like the whole sentential shit but I did the same thing to Grant and I don't mind doing it to Aggie too. Aggie stumbled back and wrapped her arms awkwardly around my body. "Tate—Tate, w—what are you—?" 

"I am so sorry," I mumbled. "I haven't been the best friend you wanted me to be because I was so focused on Oakley and Mica but that will change now." 

I closed my eyes and let her warmth wrap around me. I had lost one friend, I didn't want to lose another one. I didn't want to lose the first friend who took me under their wing when my mother died. I treated Aggie like shit when she was there for me, before I met Mica. I felt two hands on my chest and push me away. I let go of Aggie and I stared into her angry brown eyes. A few people past us but they didn't say anything. Class was starting and they didn't want to get detention for being late. Aggie used to care about her attendance because she was a goody two shoes but...I didn't see that anymore. 

She pushed her finger on my chest. "You honestly think I would cry in your arms again? I cried because I cared about you but not anymore. I'm not your second chance, Tate. I'm not the kind of person that gives you advice and then abandons you so you can screw up your life again. I was your friend," she said coldly. 

I shook my head and denied everything. "If you weren't my friend, you wouldn't had cried like that." 

Her cold eyes flashed with shock. "I don't...I don't recall." 

I sighed and grabbed her shoulders. "I wanted you to meet Mica. I wanted normal friends where my friends somehow fall in love with each other, like in Hermione and that red haired dude." 

"You mean Ron?" 

"Yeah, Ron." 

Aggie blinked rapidly and folded her arms over her chest. She looked away and bit her bottom lip. "I don't understand where you're going with this, Tate. What's the point?" 

"The point is, I wanted the two most people in my life to stick together, but that didn't work because I was an asshole. All I did was cared about myself when I was only hurting my friends and Curtis. I should had paid more attention." 

"Yeah, you should had," Aggie snapped. I flinched at her harsh tone. I deserved it. Aggie sucked her teeth and looked back at me. Her shoulders sagged and she wrapped her arms around my body. She placed her head on my shoulder and let out a shuddering sigh. 

"Am I forgiven?" I whispered. 

"I don't know. Just shut up and let me hug you." 

"Okay." 

That was fine by me. I wanted to let Aggie know that I was slowly changing...in a good way. I didn't like it at first but Oakley made me realize that it was okay to change for your loved ones. Aggie pulled away and a smile appeared on her face. I awkwardly smiled back at her because I didn't understand why was she smiling when she was supposed to be mad at me. She pointed at whatever was behind me and I turned around and saw Oakley standing next to Grant. 

Oakley smiled beautifully at me, his black sweater showing off his gorgeous and beauty marked shoulders. His hair was somewhat damp and he wore ripped jeans and black converse. I was astonished by his outfit choice because it made him look hot but it was fucking winter and he was sick. 

"What are you doing here? Where's Curtis?" I asked and grabbed his hand. 

"I told him to drop me here. I wanted to give you this," he said happily. He handed me a bouquet of roses and pecked my cheek. I blushed heavily, adverting my eyes away from everyone. Aggie laughed out loudly and Grant followed her. However, Oakley gasped and hugged me. I stared in confusion at him when I felt him shivering. 

"What's wrong, babe?" i asked. 

"You're red! I hope you don't have a fever!" He pulled away and his smile widened. "I'll be your nurse." 

I glanced at Aggie and Grant and they were still laughing like two complete idiots. What would happened if Mica and Aggie met? They knew each other but they didn't officially talk to each other. Would they hate each other or fall in love like Hermione and Ron? I had pictured of us living together and getting drunk (Mica and I while Aggie study) and eating taking out food for the rest of our lives. It would had been a whole lot different if Mica was still alive. 

"I think I'll like that, babe," I said and kissed him softly on the lips. The picture slowly started to form differently. Mica was still there, but Oakley was in it, holding my waist and laughing at whatever Aggie was saying. 

It was an everlasting picture.