Chapter Twenty Øne

Black covered his skin,

bruises covered his knuckles,

he was pale as white,

but his eyes were alive.

His lips was busted,

and his cheek swollen,

I knew he put up a fight,

and that made my day bright.

~~~~~~

"...and then I ended up here."

I blinked shockingly. I zoned in and out of Mica's explanation about fighting three guys in one fight. I didn't want to believe him because he was a pussy but those bruises...his face...I didn't know what to believe. I wanted to believe that the second biggest pussy that I knew (the first being Grant) actually beat up someone, even though he got fucked up too. Mica chuckled, his dyed colorful hair covering his right eye and took a sip from his coffee. He shrugged off my jacket and gave it to me with a closed smile. I took it back and put it around my body. The coffee shop gotten warmer now and the business was a bit busier. I was glad that not much people were around us so they could hear our conversation and that I found a missing person, Mica.

"Everyone has been looking for you, Mica," I said blankly.

Mica narrowed his eyes and folded his hands together on the table. "How long have I been gone?"

I frowned. "Almost a week. Your parents went nuts, dude."

"They shouldn't," he snapped. "It's not like they would care anyway."

"Yes, they do, a lot. Your dad stopped drinking, man. They even had your baby picture in the newspaper for some reason."

Mica groaned and placed his head on the table. I wanted to laugh because it wasn't any regular baby picture, it was him showing off his ass and smiling like an idiot. Mica was a very happy child. Until he moved here and his parents got jobs that kicked their asses more than Mica being in school. His dad started drinking and his mother talked to Mica sometimes but ran off to do whatever she had to do, cook and clean and go to work and repeat. Mica got lonely and hang out with me sometimes. My frown deepened when I thought back of the memories we had. I treated Mica like a stranger instead of a close friend. I treated Aggie like one of the bitches I fucked instead of a close friend. No wonder Oakley was afraid of me.

Mica lifted his head up and bit his bottom lip. His brown eyes locked on mine and we stared at each other. I didn't know what to say. I almost wanted to apologize for being fucked up. Oakley made me realize that when his blue eyes were frightened. He was afraid to be around me and Aggie couldn't stand the thought of us being friends. Maybe I needed someone, anyone to tell me that I was fucked up and I needed to get my shit together. Mica opened his mouth to say something but I grabbed his wrist and stared deadly in his eyes.

"I...I'm sorry...about everything," I said awkwardly.

Mica eyes widened and his jaw dropped. He shook his head and smiled. "We may not be in good terms but we are still friends, young and old. I'm sorry for stealing Oakley. I was pissed that he liked you more than me."

I scoffed and took a sip from my coffee. Oakley couldn't be in the same house with me anymore. I thought about calling home because I knew he would be there but I needed some time alone. I had to figure out how to keep my anger to myself without exploding like I did last night. Oakley should be hugging me instead of screaming because I was coming near him. I blinked back tears and shakily held my coffee cup to my lips.