Chapter Nineteen

The fire inside me was burning of jealousy,

the ice inside me was burning of fear.

I was conflicted with my emotions,

that I let the demon take his will.

~~~~~~

It literally broke my heart that Oakley was talking to Grant. His blue eyes glowed as he talked happily about something that Grant clearly didn't give a shit about but he was acting like he did. I should be the one Oakley was talking to. I didn't understand why Oakley was near him when he basically saw me beat the shit out of Grant a few weeks ago. It was like Oakley didn't give a shit what I thought, but it was my fault for not telling him to stay way from Grant. But I remembered I told Grant to stay away. And the fucker didn't.

"Hey,"

I glanced behind me and saw Aggie smiling softly at me. Her eyes looked over my shoulder and her smile faltered a bit. Aggie knew about my feelings towards Oakley and Grant so she didn't ask what was wrong and why I felt like stabbing Grant twenty times. I looked back at Oakley and Grant and they started walking towards us. I grabbed Aggie's wrist and we stood next to the lockers and acted like we were talking. Aggie bowed her head and glanced as Oakley and Grant walked past us. They stopped near us and I took a step closer to Aggie to hear them well.

"So, there's a party tonight and I'm taking you as my date, no buts and no no's," Grant said and leaned on the locker.

Oakley's face lit up and agreed, "Sure!" Then his face fell and he frowned. "I have to ask Tate and Curtis first. Maybe I can bring Tate with me?"

My heart fluttered a bit. Even thought Oakley completely forgot about me for a few days, he still mentioned me. How could I possibly be angry at him? I could be angry at Grant because he was a dick. I was going to walk towards them when Grant answered.

"Only people who gets invited, sorry," Grant said in a fake sad voice.

Oakley tilted his head and his eyes turned into a dark blue, something that shocked me in a bit. It looked like he didn't like Grant's answer. "I invite Tate then. If he can't go, I can't go either."

Aggie raised her head up and stared at me with shocked eyes. I shrugged my shoulders, completely puzzled at Oakley's words.

"What the hell?" Aggie mouthed.

"I know, right?" I mouthed back.

Grant raised his hand to scratched the back of his neck and he awkwardly said, "Um, yeah, sure. I guess. Just remember you're my date and the party starts at eight, okay?"

Oakley's eyes softened and he wrapped his arms around Grant. I swallowed the large lump in my throat and ducked my head down, trying to forget the image that was imprinted in my mind. Oakley was touching another person. Oakley was touching another person. Oakley was touching the devil.

"Okay," Oakley whispered. I looked up to see Grant and Oakley gone and I let a sigh escaped my lips.

"What in the world was that?" Aggie asked.

"I have no idea but I kind of like it," I answered. I never knew Oakley had a sassy side and I wanted to see more of that. "You're coming too."

Aggie's eyebrows shot up and she let out a fake chuckle, slapping my shoulder. "Yeah right. I haven't wore a dress since I was five. What makes you think I'm going to a stupid party?"

"It can be a party of your life!"

"Or a pointless party. It's not like Project X, Tate. We have to study for a test tomorrow."