71. Xiumin

I woke up slowly to feel my husband Minseok's arm around me. I rubbed my eyes and lifted my head up. I noticed that the sun was already high in the sky and I panicked. I grabbed my phone off the night stand and saw the time and cursed at the fifteen missed calls and texts I had. I looked over at Minseok who was still sound asleep and I gently yet quickly lifted his arm off me so I could get up. I rushed into the closet to grab clothes then went into the bathroom to get ready. After I was done, Minseok was still sleeping. I was already late so I didn't bother leaving a note or anything, and left. On my way to the car, I called Luhan back. "Where are you?!" He yelled over the phone. "I'm sorry! I over slept. I'll be there soon." "You better hurry!" He hung up and I drove to the venue. As soon as I pulled into the parking lot, Luhan rushed out to meet me. "If you were any later, they would've left!" He yelled. "Sorry!" We ran up to the door and I fixed my clothes before walking in. The man and woman dressed in business attire stood up from the table they were sitting at. "Hi, sorry I'm late." I said. "It's alright, you must be (y/n)?" "Yes." I shook their hands and Luhan and I sat across from them. "So, we understand that you're interested in buying this establishment, correct?" The woman asked, flipping though some paperwork. "Yes, that's correct." Today was the day I had a meeting with the real estate agents about buying the coffee shop. Minseok has always said, since we were teenagers, that he wanted to be a barista and open his own coffee shop. He threw that dream away though since we didn't have the money to do it and we didn't want to be in deep debt with bank loans. Little did he know that I've been saving up for the past few years to be able to get him started. Luhan was with me because he's an accountant, and long time friend of both me and Minseok, and can help me with all the financial decisions. After a long, nerve wracking 2 hour meeting, I shook hands again with the man and woman. "Congratulations on your new business. We wish you the best." I smiled and thanked them. After they left, I started screaming and jumping up and down. "Is someone excited?" Luhan asked, laughing. "Are you kidding?" I grabbed his shoulders. "I can't believe I just did that! Minseok is gonna be so happy!" I yelled. "Thank you for your help." I hugged him and he patted my back. "No problem." I reached into my purse and pulled my phone out. There were three missed calls from Minseok and a few texts. I didn't call him back yet because I still had some things to do. First, I hired a crew to clean and re-furnish the place. I ordered all new machines and ingredients. I had a contractor out to help with the new sign. Since the cafe wasn't for me, I didn't know what to call it, so I called Minseok. "(Y/n)! Where are you? Are you okay? I was so worried, you've been gone all day!" I ignored his questions. "Minseok, if you were to open a coffee shop, what would you call it?" "What?! Why are you asking me that? You know I don't like to think about my crushed dreams anymore." "Just answer me." He sighed. "Fine, um, I would call it Minseok's cozy coffee." "Cute. Thanks!" "Wait, why-" I hung up and told the guy what the name was. They were able to make the sign and deliver and install all today which was good. You told them to add "and Baozi" to the sign because I know Minseok would want to sell that too. After a long day of working, it was finally finished. There were knew lights outside, and fresh paint. It looked as good as new. I stood back and looked at it. The sun was setting and I thanked everyone for their hard work and asked them to stay and see the look on my Husband's face when he saw it. I called Minseok and told him to get dressed if he wasn't already and that I was coming to pick him up. I went to get him and waited in the driveway. He came out pouting and got in the car. "Where have you been all day? Why didn't you tell me where you were going?" He asked. "It's a surprise." I said. When we pulled into the parking lot of the coffee shop, everyone was still there, including Luhan, the sign was covered so he couldn't see the name. "Where are we?" He asked. I got out of the car and he followed. "Well, I've been doing a lot of thinking and I just made the biggest decision of my life and I'm sure you're going to love it. "Um, actually, I'm kind of scared." He said. "I was here all day doing something amazing, well, not really me, I had help." "What is it?" He asked, getting anxious. "Remember your dream of opening a coffee shop?" He gasped. "You didn't." "I did." I waved my arm up as the signal for them to uncover the sign, and turn the lights on inside and on the sign. Minseok's eyes opened wide and he was speechless. "Say hello to Minseok's Cozy Coffee and Baozi." I said. "No way." He whispered. His eyes started to water and he looked over at me. "What is this?" "I bought this old coffee shop and fixed it up for you. Everything is brand new and you can open it up whenever you want." I said. "Me? This is my cafe?" He asked. I nodded and he embraced me in a tight hug. "I can't believe you did this for me!" "You deserve it." "How did you come up with the money to do all this?" "Don't worry about that. Just know that Luhan helped me with all the financial decisions and that we still have enough to pay bills if we can't rack in enough money in the beginning, but I'm sure your cafe will be a success." And I was right. We made more money than I ever imagined just in the first week. Minseok quit his job to be manager full time. I quit mine to help out and Luhan still helps us with finances. We were able to hire a good staff of talented baristas all trained by Minseok of course. In three months, the cafe became the number one coffee spot in the city, we even put two out of business. We have an ocean of loyal customers who we know on a name to name basis. It was a normal afternoon at the cafe, it wasn't really busy so we were able to sit back and take a breather. I stood, leaning on the counter and Minseok came over and put his arm around me. "This is definitely one of the best decisions you've ever made. I mean, besides marrying me of course." He said. I laughed and hit his stomach. "I didn't make this cafe a success, that was you and your brilliant recipes. Not to mention the amazing baozi." I said. "I do make pretty good coffee and baozi, don't I?" "Don't get too cocky, but yes, you do." Minseok kissed my cheek. "I can't thank you enough for doing that. What made you anyway?" "I new how much you wanted this, and I love you so I wanted to make your dreams come true." I said, as cheesy as it sounds. He grinned. "I love you too. Wouldn't it be cute to see little us running around here, growing up here and then taking over as we grow old?" He asked. "It would." I said without thinking. "Want to get started tonight?" "Wait, what?" "Kids, don't you think it's about time we have some?" I chuckled and thought for a second. "Yeah." "Great, see you tonight." He winked before going to greet new customers.