72.Lay

I sat on the couch with my laptop trying to get my essay done for my literature class. The due date was getting dangerously close and I hadn't started it yet. I looked at the clock that read 11:00 in the corner of the screen and sighed. "I can't do this right now." I whispered. I put my laptop next to me and got up. I needed to take a walk to clear my head and de-stress. I walked out of my apartment into the warm late-summer air. I didn't know where I wanted to go, so I just went left out of the complex. Maybe I would stop at the convenience store to get a drink. It was dark and there were very few people out. As I meandered, I felt a presence behind me. I picked up my pace a little, but didn't think much of it. After 30 more seconds, I still felt it. I turned around and saw a hooded man with his head down. My first thought was that he was following me. I walked just a little faster, but so did he. I kept my guard up until I felt him grab my wrist. I screamed and turned around. I swung my arm and smacked him right across the face. "Ow, (y/n)! What was that for?" He yelled. That voice sounded so familiar. "Yixing?" I asked. He pulled his hood off and I gasped. "Oh, jeez, I'm sorry." I said, trying not to laugh. "But you asked for it! You can't just sneak up on me like that." I said, crossing my arms. "Yeah, I see why." He still held his face. I grabbed his hand and moved it. "Oh no, I scratched you." I said, examining the fresh scratch mark on his cheek. "We should clean that up so it doesn't get infected or anything." I said. "It's okay, I'll be fine." "Oh stop, come on." We were just around the corner from the store so I led him there. I told him to wait on the bench outside and I ran in and got come ointment and band-aids. I sat next to him and grabbed his chin, moving it to face me. "What are you doing out here anyway?" I asked. "I could be asking you the same thing. Do you know what time it is? You could've been kidnapped. Not everyone is as nice as me." He said. "Oh yeah because scaring me half to death is so nice." I said sarcastically. "But I just wanted to take a walk." I said. "Same." I finished tending to his cheek and threw the wrappers in the nearby trash. "I'm gonna go in a grab a drink, do you want to come with?" I asked. He pouted. "How could you?" He asked. "How could I what?" "Try to leave without kissing my boo boo." "You're a big boy, you don't need my kisses." He stood up, "Oh yes I do." Before I knew it, he grabbed my wrists and pulled me into him and crashed his lips into mine. After he pulled away, I looked up at him. "What was that for?" I asked. "Mmm, I don't know. But my cheek feels better." He said, grinning. "You're a dork." "But I'm your dork." I poked his forehead. "Do you want a drink or not?" I asked. He laughed and dragged me back into the store. We ended up getting a bunch of snacks. "First you kiss me then buy my stuff? You're full of surprises tonight, huh?" I asked as we walked back in the direction of my apartment. "I guess you could say that." After we got back to my apartment, we stopped at my door. "You should go in and get some rest, we don't want you to be tired in class tomorrow." He said. "Alright." "And you're lucky that I saw you walking, otherwise you would've been snatched up." I laughed. "Do you want a reward?" I asked jokingly. "Actually I already got it. But I wouldn't mind another one." He suddenly pulled me into another kiss. I smiled and pulled away. "You really are full of surprises tonight. You think you can just kiss me whenever you want?" He shrugged innocently. "Well I mean, I want to." "Oh really?" He nodded. "Well I'm not really the type to kiss just anyone whenever they want me to." I said. He smirked. "So you'll kiss your boyfriend whenever?" "Of course! You know, If I had one." I said, looking around, hinting with my eyes. "So the only way I would be able to kiss you whenever I wanted is if I was your boyfriend?" "It seems that way." "Well in that case, can I be your boyfriend?" "Hmm, nope." "What?!" I laughed. "I was kidding, yes." He wiped imaginary sweat from his forehead. "Good, now I can do this." He leaned in to kiss my but I stopped him. "What do you mean now? You've already done it twice." "I mean now I can officially do this." We both smiled and kissed goodnight.