74.Chanyeol

"Say ah. Ah." I held up the small spoon to my daughter Yeri sitting in her high chair. I opened my mouth and she imitated me. I smiled and put the spoon in her mouth. "Good!" Most of the food dripped down her chin and I scooped it up with the spoon. Her sparkly eyes blinked at me as she ate the bland peas and carrots. I dipped back into the baby food and fed her again. I heard Chanyeol's footsteps and I looked up. "Is my baby eating?" He asked. "Yeah, look at her, she's actually letting me feed her with the spoon." I said. Chanyeol leaned down to Yeri's level and kissed her forehead. "Let me try." He said. I handed him the jar of baby food and he picked up the spoon. "Ah." He said, opening his mouth. Yeri kept her mouth closed and turned away. "Hey, eat." He said. He put the spoon in front of her mouth but she turned her head again. "Yeri, you'll eat for mommy but you eat for me?" Chanyeol pouted. I giggled and grabbed the spoon from him. "Yeri." I called. I put the spoon up and she ate. "What?!" Chanyeol yelled, making Yeri jump. I laughed out loud as Yeri started crying. "Aw, Yeri, come here." I picked her up and rocked her. "Did daddy scare you?" I asked. "Say mean daddy." Chanyeol stuck his bottom lip out and wiped Yeri's tears. "I'm sorry baby." He said. "Come on, it's time for a bath anyway." I asked Chanyeol to fill the baby tub with warm water while I got her undressed. The whole time I as bathing her, Chanyeol did anything he could to make her laugh like playing peek-a-boo to squeezing a rubber ducky. After I finished I brought her to her room, Chanyeol following the entire way. She was wrapped up like a burrito in my arms. "Take her." I handed her to Chanyeol as I got her diaper and clothes. He tossed her up in the air and I almost had a heart attack. "Chanyeol! Don't do that!" I yelled, smacking his back. "What? I do it all the time." "All the time?!" "Oh yeah, that was a secret." He said. "Chanyeol, you know how I feel when you do that, I told you know to." I said, upset. "Come on, she likes it, it's fun. What's the worst that can happen?" "Hm, I don't know, how about dropping her?!" I grabbed her taking her back into my arms. I smacked my lips at him and laid her on the changing table. "Ok, fine, I'm sorry." He said. I ignored him and got Yeri lotioned up and dressed. "Oh, you're not gonna talk to me now?" He asked. I still ignored him as I combed through Yeri's hair. Her cute babbling filled the room and I put her socks on. "Well at least Yeri still wants to talk to me." He said. I picked her up and went to the kitchen to make her a bottle. "Okay I get it, can you stop ignoring me?" He asked. "Only if you promise not to do it anymore." "Aw, but-" I gave him a stern look. "Okay, okay. I promise." "Good." I finished making her bottle and put the top on. "Say goodnight to daddy." I said. Chanyeol kissed her and I went to her room rocked her to sleep. After a half hour, she was fast asleep. I laid her in her crib and slowly crept out of her room. I went to my room and laid on my bed, closing my eyes. I felt the bed dip down next to me and an arm around me. "Tired?" Chanyeol asked. I nodded. He pulled the covers over us. "Are we going to bed right now?" I asked. "Aren't you tired?" He asked. "Well yeah, but I still have ti-" He put his finger to my lips. "Shh, you can do it tomorrow. Just rest. And I'll get Yeri if she wakes up in the middle of the night." "Aw, you will?" "Yeah, you always do it, I wanna give you a break." He said. I turned and faced him. "Why are you being so sweet right now?" I asked. "Mm, I don't know." "You wanna keep tossing her up in the air don't you?" "It's so fun! And she loves it. Her cute little smile and laughter." "Okay, you can toss her up, but not right now. Just wait until she's older. Her body is still so small and fragile. I worry." I mumbled. "Of course. Now sleep, you've had a long day." He reached over and turned the lamp off. I drifted to sleep in his arms only to be woken up 3 hours later. "Yeri." I mumbled. "I got her." I was too tired to reply, but I felt him kiss my cheek and get up. After he came back, he pulled me closer to him and I snuggled up. "That was fast." I said. "You didn't leave her in her crib with her bottle did you?" "Am I not supposed to do that?" I sighed. "First you wanna throw her to space now you leave her in the crib with her bottle? She could drown in milk! The milk could go bad and she could drink it and get a tummy ache!" "Here we go again." Chanyeol mumbled. "Excuse me? You're lucky I'm too tired to argue with you. Now go put her to sleep correctly." I nagged.