75.Xiumin

I subconsciously rubbed my protruding belly as I stirred the pot of noodles on the stove. I hummed softly, getting the small being growing in my stomach used to my voice. I sighed heavily and leaned on one foot to ease the tension in the other swollen one. Putting one hand on my side as I tilted my head to one side, watching the steam rise and evaporate into the air. "You shouldn't be on your feet." I heard a voice say behind me. I halfheartedly looked over my shoulder to see my husband Minseok walking into the kitchen. "Well someone has to cook." I said. "Let me do it. I want you to rest." He said. "No, it's okay. I've got it." I said. Without a word, Minseok walked over and took the spoon from my hand and started stirring the noodles. "Give it back." I said. He ignored me and continued to stir. "Minseok just let me do it! I have nothing better to do." I grabbed the spoon from him, but he fought to keep it and ended up dropping it. I bent over to pick it up. "No!" Minseok panicked and lifted me back up. "What?!" I asked. "I don't want you to fall over. You're top heavy now." I gave him a look. "Wow, thanks. And whose fault is that?" He smiled sheepishly. "Not just mine." He poked my nose then grabbed my shoulders. "Now, come on." He led me into the living room and sat me on the couch. He brought the leg rest up and propped my feet on it. "Doesn't that feel better?" He asked. I shrugged. "Can't argue." He knelt down in front of the foot rest and started massaging my ankles. I groaned in relief and closed my eyes. "Can you just keep doing that?" I asked. Minseok smiled. "Anything you need." After a few minutes, my eyes popped open. "The noodles! Baby, can you go check on them?" I asked. Minseok got up and went to the kitchen. He came back half a minute later. "Sadly, they didn't make it." He said. I sighed. "Now what are we gonna do for dinner?" Minseok sat next to me. "Well what do you feel like? I'm sure you still have your pregnant lady cravings." "I haven't been craving much of anything lately. But baby is telling me he wants to eat eggs...and pancakes...and bacon. He just wants breakfast." I said, Minseok giggled. "How do you know he's saying all that?" "Because I know! I'm his mother, mothers know everything." I said matter-of-factly. "Alright, I'll go make something." "Thank you dear." A half hour later, breakfast for dinner was done and Minseok brought a tray with plates and cups of orange juice. He set the tray down and I made a face. "What is it?" Minseok asked. "Baby wants milk too." Minseok got up and brought me a cup of milk. "Thank you." I puckered my lips and Minseok smiled and kissed me. I scooped the first piece of egg in my mouth followed my a piece of pancake. "Mmm." The flavors savored in my mouth as if I've just tasted food for the first time. "This is so good." I said. After a minute of eating, I suddenly got this weird feeling in my stomach. I immediately set everything down and ran to the bathroom and threw everything up.I left the door open and Minseok came rushing in, holding my hair and rubbing my back. "Are you okay? I-Is the baby okay?" He asked full of concern. I flushed the toilet and rinsed my mouth. "Yeah. Must've been the egg. Baby said oops, just kidding, egg is not something I should be eating right now." I groaned and rinsed my mouth again. "Want me to make you something else? Because I can!" Minseok said. I rubbed his arm. "No, it's fine." "Are you sure?" I smiled. "Yed. Why are you so good to me?" I asked. "Well, you're my pregnant wife. I want to make sure that you're happy and you have everything you want and need. I just want to be here for you." He said. I smiled and hugged him, baby bump in between. "I love you." I said. "I love you too." I pulled away and looked at him. "Even when I'm blown up like a balloon?" I teased. "Of course!" He put his hands on my belly. "It's my baby in there after all. It is mine right?" I gasped and smacked his arm. "How could you even think that? Are you crazy? Of course it's yours!" "I'm teasing." He tried to kiss met but I pushed him away. "I have throw up breath." I said, covering my mouth. Minseok kissed my forehead instead. "Is you there anything else you want (y/n)?" He asked. "Another ankle rub would be nice." He smiled. "Anything for you."