•Two•

I was slowly making my way back from the quarry when what sounded like a car alarm in the near distance, caught my attention. I looked around and spotted a red car zooming its way up to camp.

Soon enough the red sports car pulled into camp, none other than Glenn quickly stepping out causing a huge smile to come over my face.

Shane soon enough rushed over to Glenn and started shouting to turn the damn thing off.

"Are you insane? every walker for miles will be on there way here!" Shane shouts at Glenn while looking through the hood of the car for some way to turn off the alarm, which he finally achieves.

"No, it would have been echoing all round, they won't know which way it came from." Dale quickly intervenes trying to keep the peace.

Amy soon notices the commotion and runs to Glenn before bombarding him with questions.
"Where's Andrea? She's okay? Right?"

"Yeah, yeah she's fine we all are. Got in a bit of trouble, but the new guy got us out" He smiled proudly.

New guy? Who the hell is the new guy? I think to myself as a white van pulls up beside the red car.
As soon as I see Andrea, Amy and I run to her and engulf her in a huge hug.
"Thank god you're okay." I say never wanting to let my beautiful sister go.

"Thought you would have been more worried about Glenn." Andrea says with a smirk, causing me to nudge her and roll my eyes.

"Hey new guy, come on out and meet everyone." I hear Morales call.

Out steps a man in a police uniform like Shane's, and a sheriff hat on his head. I then hear Carl screaming
"Dad! Dad!" at the top of his lungs while him and Lori run to the new guy, the man falls to the floor hugging Carl, before getting up and kissing Lori.

The officer then looks to Shane, smiling largely, Shane slightly smiles back but there was something off.

After introducing myself to the new guy who's name I learned to be Rick I began to make my way towards the RV, as I open the door I feel someone tug on my arm. I turn around seeing Glenn standing there a worried look on his face.

"Hey, you okay?" He asks as he brushes some hair out off my face

"Yeah i'm fine. shouldn't I be the one asking you that?" I laugh slightly confused as to why he was so concerned.

"Yeah well... No, I mean yeah I'm good, always am." He sighs. "You are okay right? Nothing happened here, no walkers?"

"You know i can take care of myself?" I said placing my hands on my hips.

"I know. I just care about you, I need you to stay safe." I could see he cared about me and that's what scared me. I didn't want him putting himself in danger just to save me.

"Glenn, I promise I'll keep myself safe." I said gently smiling at him and giving his shoulder a reassuring squeeze.

***

I was woken the next morning by shouting which sounded like it was coming from Daryl Dixon. I walked outside to see Shane with his arms wrapped around Daryl's neck.

"Choke holds illegal!" He shouted trying his hardest to wriggle out of Shane's grasp.

I simply rolled my eyes (not wanting to get involved in any Daryl Dixon drama) and grabbed a basket before headed into the woods to go pick some berries. I had been wondering around for around 10 minutes now when I heard a twig snap I flipped my head around and pulled my knife out of my belt expecting to be face to face with a walker but instead it was none else then Glenn.

"Woah Woah, not dead! it's just me!" Glenn said as he raised is arms in surrender.

"Jesus, Glenn you scared the crap out of me, what the hell are you doing out here?" I questioned, rolling my eyes.

"I saw you coming in here, it's not safe on your own." He said, smiling sheepishly.

I smiled softly before, shaking my head. "Listen I told you last night, I can take care of myself."

"Just come back to camp we have enough food." He practically begged, scared that I'd somehow land myself in danger out here. "Also, I just wanted to let you know that some of us are heading back to the city." He added.

"What? Why?" I asked extremely confused as to why they'd go back when they barely made it out last time.

"We left Merle there we have to go back and save him." Glenn told me causing anger to flow through my whole body.

"Seriously? You're going to risk your life for Merle Dixon? That racist, sexist son of a-"

"Listen it's not just Merle, Rick had a bag of guns that he dropped. They could be useful, they can protect us." He said trying to convince me.

"You know what? Do whatever you want." It wasn't my place to get angry about this it's not like we were together or anything.

I turned away and made my way back to camp.

I saw Jim was tied to a tree but as I went to approach him I saw the new guy, Rick coming towards me.

"Hey, Anna! I heard you're good shot, especially with a bow?" He sort of questioned.

"Umm yeah I guess so. why?" I asked. However, I already knew that he was going to ask me to join them in their rescues mission.

"We could really use you out there-

I quickly cut him off "No way man, my sisters are here if anything goes wrong I have to be here to protect them. Sorry, I just can't put myself at risk like that for Merle.

"Sure yeah I get it, will you watch out for Lori and Carl?" He asked nodding towards his wife.

"Of course." I agreed walking away when I saw Andrea and Amy with a whole bunch of fish they had just caught.

"Woah who taught you guys to fish like that?" I questioned, smiling proudly.

"Dad? uhh he taught all of us." Amy replied confused.

"Of course he did, just not me." I said the last part quietly before turning away.

My mother had an affair and fell pregnant with me, it was pretty obvious from a young age that I wasn't my "dads" child and I looked completely different from Andrea and Amy. He never accepted me and I was always treated like an outcast. I'm just grateful this never affected my relationship with my sisters.

***

Hope you guys are enjoying this. Remember to vote and comment!!