•Twenty Six•

It felt like we had been walking forever when we finally came across across a small garage.

"You see something?" I asked walking towards Daryl.

"Maybe." He mumbled ripping leaves and branches away to reveal a car. Daryl quickly got inside and tried to hot wire it. "We need a new battery." He said stepping out the car and walking towards the garage window.

"Looks like we've got some friends inside." I stated as walkers began to growl and bang against the window.

We walked over to the front of the garage and began pulling away the branches and leafs as it had all overgrown.

I looked over to see Tyreese hacking away a little too harshly. "Hey, go easy." I told him.

"Yeah man we don't know what we're dealing with." Daryl agreed as Tyreese's machete got stuck on something causing me to roll my eyes.

As he finally got it loose a walkers hand stuck out grabbing onto Daryl. Michonne swiftly swung her sword chopping it's arm off. I turned to see another reaching for Bob.

"Bob wa-" I was cut off as one came lunging towards me. I kicked it back before Daryl sunk his knife into it's decayed skull.

"Tyreese! Let it go!" I yelled at him as he kept pulling at a walker trying to release it from the tangled branches.

"Ty! stop!" Everyone yelled in sync before the walker fell on Tyreese, almost taking a chunk out his face. Daryl quickly grabbed the walker and pulled it away as Bob sent a bullet through it's head.

"What the hell was that?" I harshly questioned Tyreese, he simply ignored the question as he glared at me. "When we're out here we need to work as a team! I asked you if you were sure you could do this and you said yes. So get your head out of your ass and listen to me next time I tell you to do something. I won't let you put us all at risk." I harshly told him before making my way into the small garage.

Daryl came with me as Michonne, Tyreese and Bob kept watch outside.

"Ah here we go." Daryl said walking over to a shelf and grabbing a battery before fiddling with it.

"You think I was a little harsh?" I asked feeling kind of bad about biting Tyreese's head off.

"Nah I think he needed to hear that, might knock some sense into him." Daryl reassured me, sending a small smile my way. 

"Come on lets get out off here." I said exiting the garage.

***

"Okay, Bob and I will get the right medication. You guys grab anything else that looks useful, lets make this quick so we can go home." I ordered, entering the college.

I placed an arrow in my bow and raised it, prepared for anything to attack as I walked into one of the rooms.

"Here we go." I said looking around the room, cabinets filled with medicine. Bob and I explained to Michonne what medication to look out for as Daryl and Tyreese went to get the other things on the list.

"How'd you guys do?" Bob questioned as Daryl and Tyreese walked back in the room.

"Got everything on the list." Tyreese confirmed.

"Great, lets get the hell outta here." I said walking to the door.

I held up my flashlight and took my pistol out of my holster as we walked down the dark corridors.

"Walkers!" Daryl harshly whispered beginning to run down the hall.

"Block the door!" I yelled as we ran into a room, the walkers right behind us banging and growling at the door.

We grabbed boxes, pushing them against the door to hold the walkers off.

We walked down another corridor, coming to a locked door. Michonne stretched her hand out to examine the padlock but quickly pulled it away as dozens of walkers shoved their hands through the crack in the door.

"Okay we gotta take them." I said as the other walkers began making their way through the other door.

"Okay ready?" Daryl asked and we all nodded as he broke the lock on the door allowing the walkers to push through.

We began shooting them one by one as they stumbled into the room.

We made our way out the room and up some stairs as the other walkers kept chasing us.

We came to a dead end as walkers started pouring out of every room.

"We don't have an exit!" Michonne exclaimed.

"We'll make one." I said climbing up next to the window.

"Get down!" Tyreese yelled throwing a fire extinguisher through the window, smashing it completely.

"Everyone out now!" I yelled staying behind to hold the walkers off.

"Anna! Anna, come on!" Everyone began yelling. I stepped to the edge off the window, there was a big gap to the bit everyone had jumped to. It wasn't a far fall but right below us was dozens upon dozens of walkers.

As I jumped onto the platform my knee buckled causing Bob and I to fall, I went straight over the edge. However only Bobs bag went over and instead of grabbing me he grabbed the bag.

"Anna!" Daryl shouted as I landed on the ground, spraining my ankle.

Walkers turned to me as I landed on the ground, I couldn't run back to the platform. By the time they had lifted me up I would probably have a chunk out my leg.

I ran away from the walkers, a constant burning sensation in my ankle. I tried to go back to the car but I was completely cut off.

I ran into the woods breathing heavily as my lungs began to burn, but I couldn't stop, not yet.

It had been almost 30 minutes before I could stop, I sat by a tree letting my ankle rest as I took out my water and gulped it down.

"Anna! Anna! Please tell me you're there." I heard a familiar voice coming from my walkie talkie.

"Daryl! I'm here! I'm here!" I said back holding down the button.

"Thank God, thought we-"

"Daryl? Daryl? Are you there?" I questioned.

Tears streamed down my face as I realised my walkie had ran out of battery.

"No! Please! Daryl, please come back!" I shouted before throwing the walkie in anger. I sunk back down against the tree. I was alone and I had no idea where I was, how the hell was I going to get back home?

***

Okay guys so this is the end of this book. I have loved every minute of writing it and I love how Anna has developed.

As always thank you for reading and please remember to vote and comment.

The sequel 'Idyllic (2)' is currently up on my page so check that out too.