•Twenty Three•

"We gotta do it today and it's gotta be quiet." Rick ordered.

Him, Daryl, Hershel and I were gathered outside discussing what to do with Michonne.

"Rick, this isn't right." I protested not understanding how they could sacrifice someone like this.

"You got a plan?" Daryl questioned.

"We'll tell her that we need to talk... Away from the others." Rick stated walking towards Daryl.

Daryl sighed and shook his head. "It just ain't us man."

"No, no it isn't." Hershel said as he walked away.

"By doing this, we avoid a fight. No one else dies." Rick tried to convince Daryl and I.

"No. She's family now! This isn't right. You do what you gotta do but I won't be apart of it any longer." I argued as I turned and left.

***

"What the hell is going on?" I asked Rick running outside with my bow, as I heard screaming.

"Over there." He said nodding towards Carl and Maggie who were banging on pots and yelling for walkers to come to the fence, they'd then take their knives and stick them through the walkers heads. "They're clearing the fields." He added.

I looked over to see Daryl, Glenn and Michonne taking out some walkers and placing barbed wire and spikes on the ground, I assumed to help stop the Governor if he decided to attack us again.

"Look Rick, she's helping us again. Please think about what you're going to do." I begged before limping over to the gate and sliding it open for them to drive back into the courtyard.

Rick and I walked over to the car as Daryl, Glenn and Michonne got out.

"If they try drive through the fences again we thought some blunt tyres might stop them." Glenn told us proudly, as he stood beside me.

"Good idea." Rick replied.

"Yeah it was Michonne's." Daryl said giving Rick a small glance.

"We don't have to win, we just have to make their getting at us more trouble than it's worth." Michonne chimed in getting out the car.

***

Daryl and I were standing taking watch when Rick ran over to us.

"I can't find Merle or Michonne, they're gone." Rick announced.

"Isn't that what you wanted?" I questioned giving him a confused look.

"No, I-I changed my mind." He told us, looking upset by the whole situation.

"Come on." Daryl said taking off, Rick and I following.

"He was in here, said he was looking for drugs. Said a lot of things." Daryl told us as we entered a room.

"Like what?" Rick questioned as we all looked around.

"Said you'd change your mind." Daryl replied as he picked something up of the floor. "Yep they were here." He added.

"I'm going after them." Rick declared.

"No, I'll go. You can't track for shit." Daryl argued.

"Then we'll both go." Rick stated.

"No, just me." Daryl said beginning to walk away.

"You can't go on your own." I protested.

"Y'all gotta stay here and be ready." Daryl pointed out. Rick and I simply nodded allowing him to leave.