I Got Out Of The Arranged Marriage... But Ended Up With His Child

This is the sequel to An Arranged Marriage... I hope you guys like it...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am 23 now and it has been five years since I walked out on my wedding and many things have changed. The biggest change was the fact that I now have a son. He was born January 23, weighing a total of 6 pounds 4 ounces. I named him Micheal (Mike-El) Owen Mildridge, I named him after his fathers middle name. I thought I never wanted children but he has become my pride and joy. 

Right after I found out that I was pregnant I called Kelly and told her where to find me, and to not tell anyone else where I was, well except for Kevin of course. She told every one that since I was gone her and Kevin were going to move back home, but really she came and lived with me, to help me out.

Kevin and Kelly have been happily married for about a year and a half now, and are expecting a child of their own. Kevin is getting his Management Degree at University and Kelly has opted to be a stay at home mother. That helps me because I take classes during the day and at night I work as a singer/bartender at a near by club, so Kelly has become like my personal nanny and I thank God each and everyday for her. I am taking classes in the fine arts, hoping that maybe my singing and dancing will be able to work in my favor one day.

I haven’t talked to Gabriel since the day that I walked away from him, he doesn’t even know that he has a child. I didn’t want to tell him because that would’ve ended in one of two scenarios, either he would have wanted us to stay together as a family, or two he would have tried to take him away from me. I couldn’t deal with either of those outcomes so I opted for secrecy, I know that makes me a bad person but it was the only way I could think to keep Micheal with me. Its not like I am going to see Gabriel any day soon, I now live in England, far away from him and his family.

“Mommy! We late!” Micheal cried braking me out of my thoughts.

“Sorry, do you have all your stuff?” I asked.

“Yup, it in my Napsack. Move, first day, do not wanna miss it,” He cried out dragging me out of our house. I house that I could buy because I sold the diamond engagement ring, and I must say that it cost a pretty penny.

“Okay! Okay lets get going,” I said closing and locking the door behind me.

We lived about five blocks away from the local school so I walked him to his first day of school.

“So are you nervous about your first day of school,” I asked looking down at him.

“No, I am sooo, really excited. Bobby is in me class. It gonna be fun,” He said still dragging me trying to make me go faster.

We got to the school and I gave him a nice sloppy kiss on the cheek.

“Yucky! No kissing!,” he complained as he wiped his cheek.

“But thats a mothers job, we get a license for it at the hospital after the child is born,” I said laughing at him.

“Buh bye mommy,” He said before he went inside.

“I will be right here to pick you up,” I said letting him run off into the school.

“Nice kid you got,” Someone said as I was about to turn and walk away.

“Thank you,” I said turning to look at the man that was talking to me.

“My name is Jack,” He said holding his hand out for me to shake.

“Leandra,” I said shaking his hand.

“No ring, might I ask if you are a single parent?” He asked after he let go of my hand.

“You may ask, I might not answer,” I said as I turned and walked away. I didn’t like single dad’s that hit on me. It was never a turn on and they were always to clingy for my liking.

I walked back to the house and when I went inside I was met with Kelly screams.

“Kelly, what is wrong!” I asked as I saw her sitting on the couch.

“The baby... The Baby is coming,” She said while grabbing her stomach.

“Okay I need you to keep breathing, deep breaths. I am going to drive you to the hospital and I will phone Kevin on the way,” I said helping her up and getting her into the car.

I quickly drove to the hospital, I pulled into the emergency ward and get Kelly a doctor right away, I stayed outside trying to get ahold of Kevin.

Come on, I know you don’t want to miss the birth of your child...

“Hello?” He finally answered.

“Kevin get your ass down to the hospital your wife is about to have a child,” I said quickly knowing that I had to get into the hospital room with Kelly, she will be freaking out by now.

“What, but she isn’t due for another month,”

“Well its coming now so get your ass down here,” I said hanging up the phone and running to Kelly’s room.

“Wheres Kevin?” She asked as I walked into the room.

“He is on his way, he will be here as quickly as he can,” I said grabbing her hand knowing that she would need the support.

It took Kevin ten minutes to get here and I quickly left the room so that he could be with his wife. Kelly was in labour for about six hours before they were blessed with a healthy little girl.

“I am so happy for you guys, but I have to go. I can’t forget my own child on his first day of school,” I said giving Kelly and the Baby a kiss on the cheek.

At least that child will have a happy family...

I thought as I headed to the school to pick up Micheal.