Chapter 5

“Micheal, please talk to me,” I said knocking on his door. He hasn’t talked to me since we moved.

“Go away, I don’t want to talk to you,” He said through the closed door.

“Please let me come in and explain things to you. I know everything happened fast,” I stood there for a few more minutes. I was about to give up and leave when he opened the door wide enough so that I could enter.

“Why did we have to leave, I told you how much I loved school there and then we just up and leave. Did you not want me to be happy mommy?” He asked a tear in his eye.

“Oh no sweaty, I want you to be very happy. I know you are mad, but this is a good thing for mommy, this is something that she has always dreamed about. I am sorry that I didn’t think about your friends when I decided to move, but I am sure that you will make so many more friends at school tomorrow,” I said pulling him into a hug.

“I will try, but then you have to do something for me mommy,” He said looking up at me with those innocent blue eyes, just like his father.

“I will do anything for you honey, you know that,”

“I want to meet daddy,” was all he said. And he knew he had backed me into a corner.

“I am starting to think that that might be a good idea, and guess what,” I said looking at him.

“What!” He asked excited.

“He lives around here,” I said and then began tickling him, distracting him so that he wouldn’t push the subject right now.

“M....Mo....MOM... MOMMY! Stop!” He yelled through fits of giggles.

“Okay, but it is time for someone to go to bed now. I will talk to you tomorrow,” I said giving him a kiss on the cheek before tucking him into his bed.

“Goodnight Mommy, I love you,” He said before falling asleep almost immediately.

“And I love you more then anything in this world,” I said giving him another kiss on the forehead before leaving his room.

“So Micheal’s talking again?” Kevin asked as I walked into the living room where he was feeding Gabriella with a bottle.

“Yeah, but somehow or another he got me to agree to introduce him to his father. I swear that kid should be a lawyer when he grows up,” I said laughing a little.

“What are you going to do about that?” He asked.

“I am going to have to tell him eventually, especially with me being back in California. I want to be the one to tell him, I don’t really want him to find out because it gets posted on the tabloids. There would be a higher risk of him killing me that way,” I said leaning back into the couch, “I just don’t know how he is going to react to this. I mean the love of his life, the one that ran away, has his kid and didn’t tell him for five years... I know I would be pissed if I were him.”

“I don’t know, I can’t think for Gabriel. The only way you are going to find out though is if you do it,” He said to me.

“God, I hate when you make so much sense. It just gets annoying sometimes,” I said to him.

“Ah, you know you love me. Now if you will excuse me I have to go put Gabriella to bed and hopefully get a few hours of sleep myself,” He said getting up and heading into Gabriella’s nursery.

I have to tell Gabriel the truth... I just don’t know how I am going to do it...

Gabriel’s POV

“Oh come out with us again,” Jesse said to me. I was sitting in the office trying to catch up all the work that I have missed because I have gone out partying for the last week.

“I can’t, I am so far behind in my work that I can’t even see the bottom of the pile anymore. I need to stay here and do this. Just leave,” I said getting mad at him.

“But, Brittany will be mad, you said you would go out with her tonight,” He said. Yes, Brittany was a women that I met the first night we went to the bars. She was a nice girl and somehow or another we ended up together that night. Ever since then it has really been her that I have been hanging out with.

“Well she will just have to understand that I have to do work eventually. I will just talk to her later. Now I am serious, get the f*ck out of my office before I fire your ass,” I said pushing him out of the door and closing it in her face.

I was sitting in the office for another hour, it was about midnight now, and my phone started going off.

“Baby where are you?” Brittany asked when I answered the phone.

“I have to get some work done,” I said annoyed that she would call me when she knew damn well what I was doing.

“I thought you were going to hang out with me again tonight,”

“I have to get some work done. I will make it up to you though. I will take you out for a vey fancy date this weekend okay,” I said just trying to get her off of the phone.

“Okay, I guess I will talk to you this weekend,” She said, even through the phone I could tell that she was grinning like an idiot at the fact that I wanted to take her out on a fancy date.

I slammed the phone down hanging up on the conversation.

Great, somehow I have just entered a serious relationship....