Chapter 2

“Hey honey, how was your first day of school?” I asked as he came running down the stairs of the school.

 "It was so fun! Our teacher, Mrs. K. let us get all messy. We put are fingers in paint. She said a make bootiful art. And I gots to sit at a table with Bobby, Mark and Sussy. I wuved it, I wanna go back now," He said jumping up and down.

“Well, I have some exiting news myself. Kelly had her baby this morning,” I said smiling down at him.

“Really, I hope it is a boy. Girls are yucky,” he said excited about the idea of having a brother of sorts.

“Sorry for your luck she had a very healthy little girl,” I said laughing at his disappointed face, “Do you want to go and visit her?” 

“Ahhh!” he said and like this morning began dragging my down the sidewalk.

We walked to the car and I drove back to the hospital. We walked into Kelly’s room and Kevin was holding the little baby.

“Hey Micheal, would you like to say hi to Gabriella,” Kevin asked lower down to his hight.

“Hi Gabriella... Wow, she is so small,” He said looking at the little baby.

“Yeah, you were that small once, back when you were a cute baby,” I said ruffling his hair.

“Hey I am not cute, I am han-sum,” He said crossing his arms and pouting.

“Of course you are, you are going to make some girl very happy one day,” Kelly said from where she was lying on the bed.

“EWW!! Girl cooties,” He shouted.

“Oh to be a kid again,” I laughed as a sat down in the chair in the room, Micheal came and sat on my lap.

“So Kevin, what do you think about being a father?” I asked as I hugged Micheal so he wouldn’t fall of off my lap.

“I think it is going to be amazing, and then terrible because no one is going to be good enough for my little girl,” He said tickling her belly.

“Oh you are not going to chase off every guy that she tries to date just because you don’t want your little girl to grow up,” Kelly said laying down the law.

“Look at you two fighting over who she can and can’t date and she isn’t even a day old yet. You are going to make amazing parents,” I said laughing at the two.

We stayed at the hospital for a while just talking about nothing really. When the nurse came to take Gabriella to the nursery I decided to take Micheal back home.

“Mom, I ave a question?” Micheal asked when we walked into the house.

“Sure, what’s the matter?” I asked kneeling down so that I could look him in the eye.

“What was my daddy like?” He said.

I always hated when he asked about his dad, I just didn’t know what to tell him. I used to tell him that I would explain it to him when he was older. He the came up to me everyday for about a month and said, in a very serious voice, ‘Mother I am a day older, is that old enough to know about my father?’ It broke my heart.

“Your father was a very nice man, and handsome just like you. You actually inherited his stunning blue eyes and goofy grin. Was there something specific that you wanted to know?” I asked sitting on the ground and pulling him into my lap.

“I wanna see him? Can I?” He asked in the most innocent voice. I could feel my heart breaking right then and there.

“I don’t know,” I answered him truthfully.

He gave me a sad smile and then a nice big hug.

“I love you mommy,” He said pulling away and looking at me.

I gave him a small smile and told him that I loved him too and that he had to go and get cleaned up for dinner.

I wonder what Gabriel is doing now...

GABRIEL’S POV

“Damn,” I said, I was looking at the monthly quarters and we were down compared to last year.

“What’s the matter,” Jesse asked walking into my office.

“We are loosing money, thats what’s the matter,” I said slamming down the books. I stood up and looked out the window in my office, I had a great view of a park. It made me feel worse, I stood there looking at the happy couples and families that were walking around looking like they were having the time of there lives.

“You still miss her don’t you?” Jesse asked coming over to stand beside me, placing a comforting hand on my shoulder.

“Sometimes I wonder what life would be like if she had just stayed with me. If I never walked up to that room with Tiffany all those years ago. I bet you I wouldn’t spend my days in this stupid office worrying about the family business,” As you can see I didn’t take Leandra’s advice to get a life of my own, I just followed the life that my parents had laid out for me. Just another thing that I wish I could change.

“Come out with us tonight, the old group is getting together tonight for drinks and we want you to join us,” Jesse said.

“I don’t think I can,” I said looking away from the window stressed about what I was seeing.

“And why not. For once in your life blow off your responsibilities and go wild. It has to have been about five years since you last did that. Just come, everyone wants to see you,” He said. And you know what he was right. Five years was long enough, it was time for me to try and move on, or at least try and have a good time.

“When and where?” I asked looking at him.

“Thats more like it, we will be around your place at 9 of the clock to pick you up,” He said and with that he walked out of my office.

I just wish I knew what she was doing....