Chapter 32

"It has been a week and Gabriel still wont talk to me and that f*cken story is still going around. Can't Britney shave her head again or something to get this story to be yesterdays news," I said as I passed back and forth in Kelly's apartment.

"I know, we have tried to talk to Gabriel but he is just not listening to reason. I think he is broken. You just need to some how make a big gesture to him, but without actually seeing him,"

"Your right Kelly, I just need a plan," Just as I said that the door bell rang and seeing as I was up I went and answered it.

"Hello, can I help you?" I asked the stranger on the other side of the door.

"Are you Leandra Mildridge?" He asked me.

"Yes, whose asking?"

"You have here by been served," he said handing me an envelope before turning and walking away.

"What the hell was that about?" Kelly asked walking into the porch.

I opened the letter and after reading it dropped it to the floor. I slowly followed it, sliding down the wall until I was sitting on the ground.

"Leandra!" kelly yelled coming and sitting beside me.

"He's... He's... He's suing me for custody of Micheal, saying that I am an unfit mother," I said still in shock of what I had just found out.

"Bullsh!t, he can not take that boy away from you. He is your son more then he was ever Gabriels,"

"Yeah, and I bet they will use that against me," And thats when I knew that I needed to do something. I couldn't loose my son.

"Leandra, are you going to be okay?" Kelly asked me, I think she could see the wheels turning in my mind.

"I have a plan," and with that I walked into my bedroom and changed into a presentable outfit.

"Leandra where are you going?" Kelly asked as I quickly walked past her.

"Watch the TV and you will see," was all I said before leaving the apartment.

I walked into the studio and was met with Jay Leno.

"Leandra, I was very surprised that you called. I thought that you would be hiding your head after the rumours that are going around," He said once he saw me.

"That is why I am here, I am going to set everything straight, or at least go down trying,"

"Well kid, you have more guts then me. But we start in fifteen minutes, hope your ready"

I was standing off to the side as Jay began to open the show,

"Welcome to the tonight show! Nice to have you all here, thank you very much folks. We are going to open tonight with a story that you have all heard. Yes, it is about Leandra Mildridge and her 'Secret Lover'. She has agreed to come on the show and tell her side of the story, then i am told that she has a surprise for us all at the end... Leandra, come out here now," he said pointing to the side of the stage where I was standing.

I have never been this nervous in front of a crowd, but I could just feel all of there judgement like it was water trying to drown me. I walked on the stage with a smile on my face, pretending like I didn't want to pass out right now.

"Welcome Leandra, we are so happy to have you on this show,"

"Well, Jay, I am happy to be here. Though i wish it was under better circumstances,"

"Yes, so tell us, what exactly you are doing on this show with me tonight? I am sure every one here is wondering the same thing,"

"Well Jay, I am here to set the story straight. That I in fact do not have a secret lover," I said wondering how I am going to convince everyone here to believe me.