Chapter 9

“And here to open the concert is the new singer, rising through the ranks, LEANDRA MILDRIDGE!!!!” The person said giving my cue to go onto the stage.

“How are you guys doing tonight!!!!” I yelled once I got to where the mic stand was. I was met with an almost deafening scream from the crowed.

“I am excited to be here too.... You guys seem like an amazing crowed and I am honored to be able to sing for you guys,”

“The name of my first song is called Fighting Destiny!!”

The music began and I waited for notes before my entrance. I started singing and was met with cheers from the audience. The sound of their screams seemed to pump adrenaline through my system, before I knew it I was running and jumping around the stage like a true rocker.

I sang about five more songs before it was time for me to get off the stage and give it over to the guys.

“You guys where an AMAZING first audience and I will never forget you. But here are the people that you came to see, the ones that don’t really need an introduction but I will give one any ways. HERE FOR YOUR LISTENING ENJOYMENT!!!! THE GUYS YOU CAME TO HEAR!!!! AND MY NEW FRIENDS!!!!! NICK!!!! KEVIN!!!! AND JOE JONAS!!!!!” I shouted as they ran onto the stage.

“Thank you for the wonderful introduction. Now give it up one more time for LEANDRA!!!!” The crowed went insane again and I waved and walked off the stage leaving the rest of the show to the guys.

“That was amazing Leandra,” Kenny said as I walked back stage.

“That was a great experience, it was like they were filling my with energy the more that they cheered,” I said trying to explain exactly how I was feeling right now.

“This is a night that you will never forget, but right now there are some reporters that want to meet you. Are you okay with that, I know you were trying to keep low because of some ex fiance...”

“Its fine,” I said and followed him to where the reporters were.

I walked into the room and was met with microphones being shoved in my face, camera lights flashing and about a million questions.

“Okay, people.... Remember I am new at this so please one at a time,” I said trying to get them to calm down.

“Leandra, how was your first concert?” One of the reporters asked.

“It was the most exhilarating experience of my life, I mean before this my biggest crowed was about sixty people at the bar I used to sing at in London.”

“Is that how you were discovered?”

“Yes, someone heard me singing and apparently told Kenny that I was the next big thing. Once Kenny heard me he quickly signed me up with his record company, and I have to thank him for that. If it wasn’t for him I would still be singing for the locals at the bar.”

“Do you think you are going to have fun on tour with the Jonas brothers?”

“I think it is going to a good time. The guys seem like good people, they are funny, kind and are really helping me out. They let me come on tour with them and because of that my career is on the fast track. I just hope I can learn some tricks of the trade from them.”

“Leandra, we have it from a reliable source that you were once engaged to Gabriel Stephens who now runs one of the most prospering companies in the United States.”

“It is true that I was once engaged to Gabriel Stephens, but as you can see from my left hand it didn’t pan out and we ended up breaking off the engagement,” I answered this question cautiously because I didn’t want them to start asking questions about Micheal, if they knew about him. Luckily Kenny realized this problem and quickly intervened.

“That is all the questions we can answer now. Leandra has a lot planned and we have to get moving, thank you for your time,” Kenny said, he grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the room.

“Thank you Kenny, I owe you one,” I said as we got away from all the reporters.

“Its not a big deal, but I have to get going now. So you can just wait in this room for the guys to finish up then they will help you through the night. I just wanted to say congratulations on your first performance, you are going to make me famous,” He said giving me a small hug.

“I am making you famous, I think that that is the other way around,” I said laughing.

Kenny left and I was waiting in the back room for the guys to finish up.

I really hope that Gabriel is to busy running his company to notice that I am on the TV and more importantly, back in California....