Chapter 13: Affliction

******NOT EDITED******

Marcos was going crazy inside. He knew when his visitation rights were revoked that it was going to be difficult for him. Time elongating into hours instead of days. He was cursing everything and everyone. He had not felt as impotent as he did then.

When one of Silent's men had came to him and told him Eva had been chumming it up with Oscar, he was a bit upset. He then remembered Oscar and remembered the part he played helping them escape. But as weeks and months passed and he began to hear more gossip, he had to talk to Joe.

Joe had acknowledged their friendship and had told Marcos that he had spoke to both and assured him that they were no longer to be friends. He knew Joe was good on his word. The variable to this problem was Eva. She didn't want to reason with his requests.

Eva refused to speak to him and no longer sent him letters. Making it even more difficult to pass the time locked up. He had become accustomed to her letters and phone calls. His chest tightening remembering her voice as she yelled at him. He couldn't believe Eva and Oscar were doing something shady, at least not behind his back. Oscar had balls to openly see Eva as frequent as he had been doing. He had sent word for him to stop. Joe was the final instrument.

The shock he felt when Joe told him Eva had been dealing with him had been a bit bittersweet. One part, he was relieved that there was nothing romantically going on between the two. But Eva selling was a whole other chapter to his rage. He couldn't believe it, even though he knew it was true. He didn't understand why Eva would do that knowing that the Chief was after them, especially her. She was stubborn, she didn't let him speak and she knew there was nothing he can do about it.

Joe had sent word to him that he had carried out with what they had discussed. He was waiting for his turn on the phones. He wanted to see what was the outcome. He knew for sure Eva would be pissed, but he didn't care. He didn't want her dealing anything, no matter if it was only weed.

He had learned that Eva had been granted emancipation. He couldn't even tell her congratulations on that, she refused to speak to him. The fear crushed him when he thought about loosing her. He counted the time he needed to be let out for the 100th time. He had to get out before he drove himself mad.

********

Eva had never cried as she did that night. She was spent, tired of it all. The day Joe was arrested, she had called Vanessa to tell her what happened. She returned quick with kids and left to see what were the charges being given to him only to be sent home. Eva then decided to go see Oscar and try to persuade him into dropping the charges.

Outside of Oscars room there was a police man on guard. He had turned her away saying she wasn't family. She saw Tommy outside by the vending machine and she made her way to him.

"Tommy! what's going on? Why does Oscar have a cop monitoring his room?" she asked bewildered.

"I don't know, after he was brought to the hospital, the cops came by to make a report. Ever since this morning, they've been keeping watch, why?"

"Because they arrested Joe!"

"For reals? I was in the room when the cops came, he never told them it was Joe."

"Well somebody did, because he's in jail right now."

He patted his bald head. "I don't know what to say. My brother aint no snitch. He knew the risk."

"Tommy, I don't mean it like that. I just need to know that he wont press charges."

"Well I'll talk to him if you want. I'll keep in touch." he grabbed his soda and walked away.