Chapter 22: Antecedence

******NOT EDITED******

Marcos parked Eva's car in his driveway. They didn't speak the whole ride, letting the awkwardness settle between them. In a few hours they would have to get up and begin their plans. Eva had packed an overnight bag for tonight, but had added a few items so that it looked like she was ready for her weekend. They made their way in. Eva cautiously walking in, hesitant. She had brought extra food and placed it inside the fridge.

"I'm going to change." Eva made her way to her old room.

Marcos nodded and watched her leave. He went into the living room and fumbled through the channels until he found something interesting.

Eva walked out in less than 5 minutes, gone was the long sleeved grey sweater dress she wore. She replaced it with a grey hoodie and grey lounge-pants. Her hair was pinned up in a bun. As casual as she tried to look she was still beautiful.

She made her way to him, hesitantly.

"What are you watching?"

"Shaw shank Redemption."

"Hmm good movie."

He extended his hand, a gesture for her to come to him. She sat next to him on edge, unsure of herself.

"Come lets cuddle." his smile showing his dimple. He leaned her body to his, his face facing the back of her. Eva folded her legs to the side of the sofa, getting a better view of the movie.

"I'm not sleeping with you Marcos." she said quietly.

"I didn't think you would Eva." His strong arms wrapped around her.

She turned her body to his and saw he was serious. "Is that okay?"

He sighs trying to find patience. "I'm not going to lie, of course I want to sleep with you. But it's when you're ready. Not sooner. So don't think you need to rush this because of me. I told you Eva, I'm a patient man." he hooked his finger under her chin so she could see his face. "Just having you here with me tonight is enough." He hugged her to him.

Eva felt the intensity of his words. She felt warm and safe in his arms. She inhaled his scent. Her lips pressed to his neck. She could feel his heart beating under her lips, it was just as erratic as her own.

"Marcos, if anything-" he tightened his hold and cursed.

"Don't say shit like that Eva, it makes me want to keep you here hostage." his voice between a growl and a groan.

Eva moved her body to see his face again. There it was, his anger lighting his eyes ablaze, his jaw set and firm, this was the Marcos she remembered. "You wouldn't though, right?"

He adopts a serious face. "I wouldn't do that because I love you Eva. But don't say shit like that because...because I...you'd leave me no choice."

Her eyes widened at his omission. "You love me?" a small smile tugging at her lips.

He groaned then, "Come on Eva, everyone knows you're my girl."

He tried to pull her to him to kiss her but she resisted. "Yes, they know I'm your girl, but I didn't know you loved me." she wanted to hear him say it again. Something bubbled inside of her at his words.

Marcos eyes glinted fiercely, he bit the inside of his lips before he answered her. "Eva. I'm in love with you." There it was, out for them both to figure out. Eva threw herself at him, surprising them both at her audacity.

Forgotten was the cuddling and movie. All their focus was on each other. Tomorrow was forgotten, for them it was the here and now, loosing themselves to the turmoil that engulfed them both.