Chapter 24: Showtime

******NOT EDITED*******

Eva woke up and felt her head hurt. She suddenly remembered where she was at. The car slowed as they pulled from the road. Her head dizzy from the hit he gave her, she still managed to see where they were driving. She recognized some landmarks.

Her heart raced as she knew where he was taking her. She looked at the Chief from under hooded eyes.

"I'm glad you're up Eva, I was starting to think I killed you before I got my way with you."

Eva sat up slowly. "Where you taking me?"

"Somewhere fun." His eyes twinkling as he turned to look at her.

"You're making a mistake, you should stop now before it's too late." Eva said sternly.

Her throat dry, her lips parched. She put her left hand on the side of her head that hurt. She had a lump and a cut on the area where he struck her with the gun.

He only laughed at her. "Oh Eva I do love your spirit."

He turned right on another road, he didn't bother holding the gun. There was nowhere she could go, the house was at the end, isolated by trees. This place is where he had taken many girls. He had even had his family over the week when he had Maria in the basement. He smiled, remembering the details. He looked over at Eva she was still disoriented. He began to think about everything he'd do to her.

********
"Boss, I think we got something." Saunders said to Chavez.

"What is it?"

"Well we ran all his information, cross checked locations he's visited an owns, everything comes out clean except for one place." She pulls up a picture with the Chief and his family, a large home behind them.

"This picture was taken a few years ago, the back of the picture says Palm Springs."

"It's not listed as property owned." Jones said

"No, it's under a dummy corporation. The same one that owns the warehouse where Linda's body was found dead today."

"Pull it up on the screen." Chavez snapped his fingers.

*********
Vanessa was beyond scared, she was beyond frantic. She had begged Joe to call Agent Chavez and let him know the new details. He kept telling her Marcos was almost there. She had slid away from everyone, saying she was checking on the kids.

Vanessa decided to call him herself.

'Vanessa, what's wrong."

Vanessa gave him the details she learned. She hung up relieved knowing they soon would rescue her.

********

The Chief turned the engine off, he quickly got off and pulled her into the house. Eva made little resistance.

"Soon we'll have company, then the party will really start." He believed Alvaro was close behind.

If he only knew, thought Eva. He shoved her in and had her go down to the basement. Then he opened a door hidden behind a shelving unit and made her go inside. She fought him then, he had to hit her again hard, her body limping.

***********

Marcos was less than 20 minutes away. He sped, hoping he wouldn't catch a police radar, not that it mattered. He could almost feel himself choking the Chief. He shook his head from the thoughts that plagued his mind. He wished Eva was still alive by the time he got there.