Chapter 17: Distractions

********NOT EDITED*******

Eva made her way to the Chief of Police's downtown office. Special agent Chavez and her began with the investigation a week from when they had met. He had to get special clearance for the new investigation he was leading.

Sammy had forbade her to go on her own, she didn't listen. She had spiked his drink with sleeping pills and waited for him to drop. She then dressed the part, wearing a short black laced flowing skirt and a blush colored short sleeved blouse. She wore flats and parted her hair in a low ponytail.

She knew the Chief was in his office that day because she had familiarized herself with his schedule. The time was ticking, she needed the girls freed and this bastard gone. She was working with different key players, all with the similar objective in mind. None really knowing her true plans. She stepped into the floor that housed his office and met his Secretary.

"Hello, I have an appointment with Chief Stan Gibbs." she said sweetly. Chewing gum, revealing her age.

"I'm not aware of any appointments the Chief has today." she rudely answered surveying Eva with distaste.

"Well, I don't know what to say, but I'm here and he's expecting me." she kept chewing her gum innocently.

"What's your name?" she said after a beat.

"Eva Jimenez." she snapped her gum and smiled apologetically at her.

She looked at her with disapproval but picked up the phone to call the Chief. Eva's heart raced as she realized it would soon be showtime. She needed to get her barrings and remember the big picture. She hung up the phone a bit troubled but showed her the way. Walking briskly to the huge back office overlooking the city of angels.

She knocked twice before hearing the Chief allowing entrance. Eva walked into his office snapping her gum, a huge smile on her face.

"Hello Chief "

The Chief smiled back and dismissed his secretary. Eva closed the door relaxing her back to it, giving him a bold smile. She began to walk into his office slowly, admiring his medals and plaques he had displayed on the wall.

"Eva."

The Chief's excitement grew as he watch her sway around his office. Taking interest in his plaques and pictures. She found the one she was in and smiled brightly.

" Ah, that was a fun day." Her eyes sparkling with mirth.

"What are you doing here?" He couldn't help the longing in his voice. He was still surprised by her impudence. He was excited.

"I told your boys we needed to talk." Eva shrugged, her voice and mannerisms coquettish.

"So let's talk." He motioned for her to sit. "Have you been thinking about my proposal?" He eyed her lasciviously.

"Yes. You know, I want you to know that I thought long and hard about this. I'm always doing everything for everyone else. No one ever thinks about Eva, you know. I need to start thinking about Eva." She chewed her gum.

His eyes on her mouths movement the whole time. "I think about Eva."

She rewarded him with a sexy smile. " I know, that is why I'm here."

The Chief was surprised at her omission. He nodded, content at what she said.

"Eva I can make you happy." He pulled on his collar.