Chapter 18: Playing Cards

******NOT EDITED*******

Eva sat in Chavo's dinning table with pictures laid out in front of them. He was smoking, watching her with interest under hooded lids. She was nothing like her cousin Linda, he thought. She had grit and was not afraid to voice her objections. He understood Marcos fascination with her. She explained to him how HSI was now part of the investigation and explained to Chavo the details to her plan.

"Eva. Are you sure, this is where he'll be." he released the smoke slowly.

Eva didn't bat an eye, "Yes. HSI will be hitting these places on that day. The Chief will be here." she pointed to another area of the map. " This will be your chance to get him."

"Are you sure about this? I mean, you don't want Marcos or someone else to do this part?" his eyes slowly looking her over.

"It's me that's doing this Chavo." her eyes glinting fierce.

Chavo placed his had up in surrender. "Okay Eva, we'll do it your way."

"Good, I'm glad we have an understanding." she got up to leave. "I got to go, I have another appointment."

Chavo stuck his arm out to hold her back. He then caressed her arm slowly, gingerly. Eva's eyes turned to where his hand was and continued her gaze toward his face, seeing his desire.

"Eva, after all this is done. I want you to meet somebody. He's very impressed by what you've been doing. I think you'll-" his cigarette on his lips.

She smiled and removed her hand from his slowly, grabbed his cigarette took a hit and placed it back on his lips. "When this is over, I'll meet whoever you want and I'll thank him in person." and walked out. Her heart racing as she made her exit.

********

Special Agent Chavez reviewed the video that Eva had brought to him from the Chief's computer. He was showing his team and supervisor the evidence.

"Sick prick!" spat Agent Jones, not hiding his disdain.

"How old is she?" Agent Saunders asked as she reviewed Eva's file

"Eva's 17."

"Well she's got some balls on her, I'll can tell you that. Doing what she's doing...." Agent Jones shook his head.

"We need to get him boss." Agent Saunders turned between Chavez and Captain Isaac. She was the newest of Chavez team. She had only worked with him in a handful of operations but had the knack of remembering details that were important.

"Have you cleared her?" Captain Isaac asked Chavez.

"Yes, she's emancipated; the clearance came quick. She's helped piece most of this together. Jones can you upload what she brought on the USB."

Jones quickly pulled up on the monitor what Chavez requested. On the screen there was a blurry picture that they had found as the Chief's wall screen on his office computer. Captain Isaac walked closer to the picture. It contained the Chief and his family, it was taken a few years back. They posed as a perfect family in front of a Chalet style home.

"What am I seeing here?" the Captain asked confused.

"Take a closer look, this picture is in photo-mosaic form. We've seen these before through C3. What it really is, it's a picture made of many hundreds of smaller pictures each of which is replaced with another photograph that matches the target photo. When viewed at low magnifications, we found individually they appear as the primary image, while close examination reveals that the image is in fact made up of many hundreds or thousands of smaller images."