XXI¤ Power

Up top is what their armor looks like.

I stop his hand before he uses it to take my mask off.

The only thing that I haven't changed is my face. He'll know straight away who I am.

"Are you unable to talk or do you choose not to?" He pours himself a glass of bourbon. I obviously don't respond. If I were to I'd most likely say I am unable to. He still nods as if knowing by my look.

"What happened?"

I slightly move my head to the side. I glance at a notepad sitting on the counter next to his sleeping area so I walk to it and pick it up along with a pen.

I finish writing after a few seconds and I hand it to him.

"I was born unable to speak and when I was turned, nothing changed." He reads.

"Are you happy as a vampire?"

I shake my head no. He hands me back the notepad telling me to write him my answer.

"No, It's lonely." He reads after I give it back again.

"How so?"

"You have no one to share your immortal life with. It's lonely without a partner."

Before he can reply, a siren is heard and we run out.

All the soldiers are running around and passing out weapons to each other.

Merek, what's happening?

They were spotted close to our territory. They're attacking.

Did the planes drop the silver dust?

Yes

where do I stand?

With me. I sent a soldier to give you your amor.

Okay.

The soldier arrives and hands me the black armored suit. Stitched to perfection and leather in most places. A hard dark metal is placed on the shoulders, stomach and back, along with the knees. There are various straps along the clothing.

We go back in the tent and Dante leaves with something in his hands. I take that chance to change into the amor.

It molds with my body perfectly. As if I'm putting on a full body glove.

"You have a lean body. I couldn't notice with the cloak you've had on." Dante comments. He comes back in already in his amor, guns and swords loaded.

Merek barges "they're after you." He looks at Dante.

"Why?"

"They somehow found out that a human with the Lycan gene is helping us. They want to kill you because you're a traitor to your kind."

"I am a human not a Lycan."

"It doesn't matter. You have the gene. They want your head."

"How did you find this out?"

"The Lycan we captured gave in. He told us everything."

"Did he say who told them about me?" Dante asks.

"A new recruit."

"Joseph?"

Merek shakes his head, "Ael."

I furrow my brows.

"So I suppose he isn't on our side anymore?"

"We don't know."