XIII¤ Strangers

Stranger to the right

XIII

"Christopher, we're going into town. Get dressed." Dante walks into the room.

"Town? Isn't there a war being fought?"

"Just get dressed Chris."

"Fine." I sigh and get up from the bed. My body hurts and I am hungry. 

"Aren't you forgetting something?" I ask him.

He walks up to me with a smirk. Is that all this man can do? Smirk?

I haven't eaten in so long, I'm starving! I grab his hair and pull to the right and then I have my meal.

"Chris-t" he pulls me back by my hair.

"You were taking a bit too much."

"That is what happens when you do not let someone like me eat." I get off the bed and walk to my chambers.

I'm excited. I've never been to a town before.

When in my bedroom I quickly put on some jeans and a loose shirt.

"Young master."

"Fredrick, is Ael coming with us?"

"No he isn't."

"Get him ready. He's coming."

"Sire said it would be best if he were to stay indoors until he is able to control himself."

"He will learn better and faster by doing. Get him ready. I will deal with Dante."

"Yes young master."

I head down stairs and meet with Dante. Ael appears shortly after in black shorts and a white dress shirt.

Fredrick looks at me oddly. He walks up to me and fixes my shirt and jeans.

"May I ask something, young master?" I nod. "Were you in a hurry or do you not know how to dress yourself properly?"

My face heats up in embarrassment. "Of course I know how to dress myself! I was simply excited to go into town."

Dante snickered and Fredrick smiled, "I was only curious."

I walk out the door with Ael by my side, Dante and Fredrick behind us.

I was expecting to see a plane but instead I see horses. I smile wide and look behind me.

"We are taking horses?" I ask. Dante smiles and nods.

"Thank you."

I was going to ride with Ael but Dante pulls me to his side. He helps me onto the horse even though I didn't need help. He then takes his place behind me.

"Are you ready?" He asks. I nod enthusiastically.

Even though it is a marvelous horse ride, I can't help but feel strange. The atmosphere... maybe I'm just too used to war.

"Is that it?" I ask as we near a loud area. It is different. The light of the Sun seems to reach this part of the land. I can hear and smell the animals and trees around me. It's amazing. Nothing like war and blood.

"Yes."

"It's huge!" I tell him.

"Yes it is. It grew a large amount in just a decade. I remember arriving here. It wasn't even considered a town back then."

I smile.

As we enter the town people greet Dante. It's as if he is royalty.

"Everyone seems lively despite the war occurring on the other side of this land."