XXXI¤ Connect

Sarai is played by Segovia Amil.

"When I grow up you're gonna be my wife!" A small boy grins and grabs the hand of another little girl.

"No." The girl takes her hand away.

"Why no?"

"Because I gots a husband I'm gonna marry already."

"No you're not! You're gonna marry me."

"No!"

The scene blurs and I watch as the days go by. Morning then night, then morning again. Foggy days, rain, snow, thunder, they all flash by. I watch scenes go by. I watch him grow up and go through heartbreaks, sadness, and life. Every aspect of his life gets in-beaded into my head.

I grab onto my head and scream. Tears run down my eyes. All his emotions enter my mind almost as if I'm being repeatedly hit by a brick to my head. His feelings, his memories, his thoughts. Like a movie it's played again and again. Not stoping for dear life. This becomes to much for me and right when my body starts to weaken and my knees start to buckle, hands appear in front of me and they grab my shoulders and pull me forward. I open my eyes to Sarai looking at me in a worried way. But those eyes, they didn't show true worry. They showed nothing. I ignore it and look at everyone, feeling almost disgusted.

"He was different. He could do things no one else could. He wasn't anything supernatural. He was human. He was mated to the woman he loved since he was a child. They were happy. Living their life as best they could. No one knew his secret. But then your kind appeared. Saying that they couldn't be together. Something about a prophecy and how their child would bring destruction and chaos. So you killed his wife and their unborn child of 8 months. You sacrificed it to your God and made it so the child could never be reborn. You were afraid that child would kill off your kind and all other supernaturals. His destiny was to remake a world with just humans. But when you did that you made a monster. One far worse than the one you successfully killed. He killed your generation of witches and warlocks. You had no chance against him. He was invincible after you killed the only thing he cared about. You took everything from him. He became a monster because of you. But then you resurrected yourselves and constricted him. Took away his human form but weren't strong enough to destroy his soul. He went into hiding to gather enough power to acquire a human form and to finish you off once and for all.

That's why he didn't kill me. He didn't want to do what you did to him. I got into his head. Some things... They were around this time. I kept seeing his life up until now. How did you make me see it all? He's filled with so much anger and hate. He took it upon himself to do what his baby was destined to do." I explain but by seeing their expressions I know they already knew. Of course they did. They were the ones that did it.

"Yes... We made a monster after doing that deed. We had no choice. The baby would have been born. We did what was best for humanity." Sarai says. Her voice is changing. To something almost dark but again I ignore it.

"His goal is to get rid of all of us. And I was made to kill him before he does that but we are not equal. He was born with his abilities. Mine were put into me. How am I supposed to kill a man that cannot be killed?" I ask her.

"It's your destiny to kill him. We do not know how you will do it but you will. As much as we'd like, we do not have the power to see into the future. We just have to trust that fate knows what it's doing."

I nod. "Let's start."

She nods and with a stick, draws different shapes on the ground. "What does the evil have that you don't?"