XXVIII¤ Truth

Chris! I need to talk to you! Why can't I re-ch you!? Answer! Come on answer! Where are you?

I open my eyes and face the sun shinning through the window of the bedroom.

I'm in America I tell him

I wonder if he heard. To hell with what the witches think. I'm already doing their bidding.

After a few moments I give up on waiting for his reply. I walk into the bathroom connected with the bedroom. I strip and shower.

"Excuse me?" I turn off the shower and open the curtain. A young lady stands by the door, holding folded clothing. She looks up from the ground and blushes, then proceeds to look down once again.

"Sorry. Master wanted me to give these to you." She explains. I walk towards her and not caring about the fact that I have nothing covering me at the moment and she places the clothes in my hands.

"Also that food is ready and to please go down into the dinning room in five minutes."

"I don't know where that is. Will you help me find it?"

"Yes of course. I'll wait outside your bedroom." She bows and hurries away.

I look down at the clothing. Looking through it he's given me briefs, leather pants, and a white long sleeve shirt. I quickly but that on and run my fingers through my hair to keep it away from my face.

I meet the young lady outside and she takes me to the others.

Walking into the dinning room, the smell of food fills my nostrils. Tea doesn't seem too bad at the moment. I wonder if they serve that here.

Marcus watches me but continues eating. Finn seems to know I've arrived but doesn't comment on it. The young lady shows me my seat beside Finn and another woman brings me a glass of blood. Real blood but the smell is off.

"What did you add in this?"

"The drug that kills vampires. It can be injected or taken orally." Finn nonchalantly answers.

"Why give me this?"

"Testing your loyalty. Drink it and I'll know you are serious about serving me."

"But if I drink it I'll die." I smirk.

Somehow he knows that I won't die. Or maybe he really doesn't and simply wants me dead. I don't know what he can gain from this.

"I'm waiting." He calmly informs me.

I chuckle and begin drinking the blood. It burns my throat as it goes down. It's not pleasant but either way I drink it all. Both Finn and Marcus wait and stare.

I ignore the burning in my stomach. "Mind giving me a cup of tea?" I ask him. He raises his hand and a man comes forward.

"Bring him a cup of tea." The man nods and leaves the room. "Who really are you?" Finn questions me calmly.

I watch his calm movements and his expressionless face. "You already know so why ask me?"

"Clarification. Ethan told me after we came back. Asked me how I got ahold of you."

"Did you assume I was immune to your drug?"

"I hoped you were." He answers and I laugh.

"So did I."

He smirks. "Why is the king of vampires aiding me?"