XXXII¤ Eyes Are Wide Open

"Everyone is here but the rest that weren't able to come will be giving us power. By tonight we will all be linked together as one." Sarai announces.

"Why am I here?" Nathan asks her and I pay attention because I also want to know.

"You were created like Christopher was. We will be using your power to help us."

"I don't remember agreeing." He raises an eyebrow.

She laughs, "and I don't remember asking you. And if you try leaving then we'll have to resort to... Unnecessary actions. So be a good mutt and do as you're told." She coughs and smiles. "Now, shall we get ready?" We don't comment further and follow her. I did catch Nathan glaring daggers at Sarai. She either noticed and didn't care or didn't notice at all.

She leads us into the cottage in a room filled with clothes and a few people changing into strange robes. She hands me other clothing and I raise an eyebrow at the color. White loose pants and a long white vest with intricate designs. It's thick and on the heavy side.

"Why white again?" I ask her.

"White is a pure color." She begins to undress, not caring about the other people in the room. Matter of fact none of them care. I begin to undress and so does Nathaniel. The pants fit perfectly and so did the vest though the material was extremely heavy, not to my liking, but I can manage.

She leaves us in the room and the others follow her. Nathaniel stays standing next to me.

"I don't like this at all. I'm not some object they can use."

"We're puppets to them." I state.

"I'm not participating."

"You are." I tell him sternly. He raises an eyebrow questioning me. "Just participate. Nothing bad will happen to you." I assure him.

"How are you so sure?"

"The most that will happen is that they'll use your power. They 'need' you so they won't kill you." I explain their logic.

"Uhuh."

"Christopher come now." Sarai walks into the room and we follow her out.

We walk back outside and instead of seeing the others, there's no one but us.

"Take my hands." She reaches out for our hands when we don't. She looks up to the sky and whispers a word.

My vision gets blinded by a white light and then it's gone seconds later. I look around me and grimace at the scenery. Barren, dead land. The ground is covered in symbols and my eyes widen when I see it. A symbol extremely similar to the one of my past. The one the hag used to turn me into what I am. And with it, the smell of blood.

"They're already getting in formation. Half of us will be the ones to seal the evil and yourself inside the ring. And the other half including the others that weren't able to join us will be chanting the spell to kill the evil once and for all." Sarai tells us.

I nod though there is one thing I want to ask her. "Where's Finn?" She turns to look at me, the movement was so fast it looked as if someone slapped her across the face.