CHAPTER 4

"But what if the killings stopping at the time of you monitoring me is just a coincidence? What if one of my enemies is Michi and doing this on purpose just to set me up?! What then? You're going to take an innocent girl into custody?!".

Akise ponders over this, "I doubt it. I've studied Michi's killing habits and there's only a 0.01 chance that it'll be a coincidence if the killings stop.".

"What if that 0.01 chance happens?".

Akise shrugs, "That's highly unlikely but maybe, if you can show me some valid evidence that you aren't Michi, then I may reconsider.".

You nod your head, making sure your face didn't show any emotion, "Sounds like a plan.".

Akise smiles, "Great.".

"So... What do you mean exactly by body-guard?".

"Lead me to your house (Y/n)~".

"E-eh?! M-my house?!", it's not that you have anything suspicious at your house, but the thought of Akise staying at your house, feasting on your food, it made your blood boil.

"(Y/n)? Your face is red? Are you blushing?".

"A-ah?", you touch your face and feel that it's burning. Were you really blushing? No, you didn't feel sexually attracted to this boy in any way, it can't be that.

"I'm not blushing. My face is going red with anger!!", you say, crossing your arms over your chest in a 'fierce' way.

Akise just laughs at this, which makes your face burn even more.

"Ah, (Y/n). You really are cute you know? I almost feel bad for accusing you to be this killer. Almost, but not quite.".

"Yeah ok- W-w-wait... I'm c-cute?!", you stutter you in shock.

This makes Akise laugh more, "You look like a tomato. You sure you're not blushing?".

"O-of course I'm not blushing!! I just- Hearing compliments from you enrages me!!".

"Whatever. Just show me how to get to your house.".

You let out a sigh of defeat, "Finee...", as you walk along, Akise tries to make small talk with you.

"So... That Yukiteru guy...".

You look at Akise, "What about him? Oh- You sat next to him, didn't you?".

Akise nods, "Yeah, I did. And I don't know- Just tell me a bit about him.. His hobbies, his interest, whether he's single or not...-".

"Akise. Are you gay?".

"I'm not gay.".

You shrug, "I don't really know to much about him. He's a bit of a loner though and always writing some sort of diary on his phone...", you stretch your hands in the air and yawn, "All in all, he's a boring person.".

"Mmm...", Akise agrees and stops talking for a while, letting you both walk to your house together in silence.

"Here it is...", you say, pointing to a small house that was your own, it was battered and a few kids around the neighbourhood called it 'The Haunted House' but it was the only place you could afford seeing that you don't have any guardians.

It took you 2 whole years of 'working' (*cough cough* Pickpocketing *cough cough*) to be able to get that house.

"It's... Erm... Nice...", Akise says, obviously lying.

You smirk, "What is it Akise~? Too scared to stay at my house~?".

He just stares at you blankly and blinks, "No.".