CHAPTER 12

You, Yuki, Keigo, Yuno and Akise stand in line with a crowd of other people, outside a temple. You had a backpack on, with your art diary safely inside.

"So why are we here again?", you ask Keigo, not really knowing the reason why you had to be visiting this cult, "Are we here to pray to God to let us win this survival game?", you snort at how stupid that sounded.

Keigo looks down at you, "I've been notified that Ninth has been captured and is being held hostage here.", he explains.

A short lady with brown hair walks up to you give, "The Sacred Eye is ready to see you. Please follow me.", she gives you all a small bow before walking away, expecting you all to follow her.

You nudge Akise as you walk, "Hey, why are you even coming with us? You're not even part of this game.".

"But I'm observing it. This is all very helpful towards my research.".

"Yeah but... You could get killed!".

"Aw. Are you scared of me getting killed?", he grins at you and you glare at him in response.

"Here. Wear these.", the short lady tells you all and passes you all some red and white neckbands to wear.

You all put them on, you put yours on reluctantly seeing how big and awkward it was, it would probably be annoying to wear, but surprisingly, once you had it on, it wasn't even that bad.

The short girl leads you into another room, there were people kneeling on either side of the room, leaving a pathway for you all to walk through.

There was a cage like barrier infront of you, bits of wood criss-crossed to create a wall separating you from this other area.

A single girl sat in the middle of the room, she had long, dark blue hair with a large bow in it and she was wearing an orange kimono. Infront of her was a desk with a scroll unraveled on it.

"Yuno, Yukiteru, Keigo, (Y/n).", she nods, then she stares blankly at Akise, "And who may you be?".

"Akise Aru. Pleasure to meet you.", Akise smiles politely and gives her a small bow out of respect.

The girls cheeks go a light pink in response, "I'm Tsubaki Kasugano, also known as The Sacred Eye. Say, Akise, could you come closer so I can take a look at you?".

"Sure thing.", Akise obliges and walks until he's just an inch away from the barrier, Tsubaki also moves towards the barrier, "Ah...", a small smile finds its way onto Tsubaki's lips, "You're quite handsome, aren't you?".

"Thank you.", Akise thanks her humbly.

You glare at Tsubaki, you could feel your chest tightening slightly. Why was she calling Akise handsome? She only just met him for God's sake. Anyway why did you even care so much? Was it the fact that they only just met or... Was this jealously...?

Akise walks back towards your side as Tsubaki speaks up.

"Yukiteru, could I get a better look at you as well?".

Yuki looks at Tsubaki but doesn't move an inch before noticing that Tsubaki's eye was an unnatural cloudy colour, "Oh. Your eye.".

Tsubaki smiles sadly, "Yes. Ever since I was born I was cursed with poor sight. That is why I must stay in this confined room. The only enjoyment I got was writing down what my followers reported that they saw in my diary.", she points to her scroll, then her expression hardens, "But just recently. My diary has been telling the future for me.".

You hear Yuki and Keigo suck in a breath.

"It's been showing me what my followers can see. I call it the Clairvoyance Diary. Yes, I, Tsubaki Kasugano am sixth.".