CHAPTER 5

"M-Michi?!", you stutter out in shock, unable to comprehend what was happening, who was this imposter?! What was she trying to do?!

"Something... Wrong...?", 'Michi' tilts her head to the side.

"A-ah nothing's wrong, nothing wrong...", you say. Even though you wanted to slap this girl and interrogate her, Akise was still with you so you still couldn't blow your cover of actually being Michi.

"So you're the murderer?", Akise asks, trying to cover up his shock.

"Y-yes...? Is an-anything wrong with that?".

You cough awkwardly, "Heaps of things are wrong with that. Murder is bad!!", you almost laughed when saying this aloud seeing it was ironic that you were the one saying it.

But Michi was busy staring at Akise, "You're n-not going to arrest me... Are you...?".

Akise sighs and runs a hand through his slightly tousled hair, "I'm a detective, not a police officer. I guess I have to figure out what I want to do with you....", he trailed off his sentence, letting it linger in the air.

Your eyes bulge, Akise didn't seem happy about finding 'Michi' at all (even if it wasn't her)!! He seemed bored even! Maybe he found it boring that she just turned herself in basically. Or maybe, just maybe, he still suspected you to be Michi and couldn't even be bothered turning this imposter in.

"B-but please... Let me u-under your care!!", the girl squeaks again.

Akise thinks about this and scratches his head, "Well... You do have quite a strange personality... And I guess I have to ask you stuff... So whatever, come on in.".

You start having a major coughing fit.

"(Y/n)?", Akise and Michi both ask.

You raise your hand in the air to indicate you were fine and manage to get the words out between coughs, "I'm... Fine.... Akise.... Just... Acting... Different... Lets... Murderer in my... Own house..!!".

Akise glares at you a bit, "It's so early anyway, I'm going back to bed.", he then walks in, leaving you and Michi outside.

Well, someone obviously isn't a morning person.

"Someone got out of the wrong side of the bed...", you muse after you'd recovered from your fit.

"(Y/n)!!", Michi stares at you, her eyes shining, "I'm so happy I finally got to meet you!! Y-you're my aspiration!! ((*cough cough* Looks like you're a senpai))", she squeals.

You glare at her, quickly check to make sure Akise wasn't secretly spying, before pushing her against a wall.

"What's your problem?!", you ask her, "What are you trying to achieve?!".

"Kya~", her eyes shine more, "You're so strong~ As I would expect from the real Michi~".

So she did know who you really were.

"What are you trying to do? Calling yourself 'Michi'? You're not helping me, only causing more problems!".

You go to punch her.

"Ah~ So strong~", she catches your hand before your fist can make impact with her face, "But not strong enough~", she flings your arm back at yourself and you let it go helplessly back to your side.

This chic was strong... Who even was she?!

"Don't you see, I'm helping you~", she smiled, "With Akise 'monitoring' you, I can do the killings instead and you won't seem suspicious~".

"Won't you seem suspicious?".

"I already just announced to him I was Michi anyway, it won't make a difference.".