CHAPTER 18

You groggily open your eyes to meet a pair of bright red orbs staring straight at you.

"A-ah!", you let out a startled cry and scuttle backwards onto your bed, as far away as possible from Akise.

Bed? You look around, it appears that you were back in your bedroom. You on one side of the bed and Akise on the opposite end. Strange, the last thing that you could remember was... Lips.

Akise lets out a quiet chuckle to himself, "Wow, you should of seen your face just then, you looked so terrified of me-".

You weren't in a mood to rebuttal his insults at you, there was something else that you had to clear up.

"A-A-Akise... Wh-when I passed out... B-before I passed out... I...", you were stuck, your face a bright red, you could remember faintly the feeling of lips pressed against yours.

Akise seems to understand what you were referring to as his cheeks go an extreme light pink, he waves his hand infront of his face dismissively, "Don't worry, that wasn't... Anything creepy. I mean, I wasn't taking advantage of you, I just needed to... For oxygen.", he tries to explain, though his explanation wasn't making that much sense to you, you decide to just go along with it anyway.

"Oh, of course. O-oxygen, yeah, haha.", you nervously laugh.

For some reason, you felt slightly... Disappointed?

You slap yourself on the cheeks, no, no, no, you were not going to have those strange feelings towards the boy that wanted you to end up in jail.

"S-so um...", you take a deep breath to calm yourself down before continuing, "What... Happened?".

Akise lets out a gentle and reassuring smile, "It all went well. We defeated Reisuke. No one got hurt, well besides Reisuke of course. You and Yuki passed out from the gas, but Yuno and I managed to defeat him.", from his tone of voice, you could tell that he was boasting lightly about the fact that he managed to beat Reisuke with hardly any aid.

"Wow. Two teenagers against one tiny child. Not a fair match at all. It should of been just him against Yuno, I bet you weren't any help at all.", you snicker under your breath.

Akise raises an eyebrow, "Actually, Yuno almost got herself electrocuted, I was the one to stop that.".

"Yeah, right.", you laugh a bit.

Akise leans close to you, his eyes hard and certain, almost pleading for your praise, "I did, though.".

His mouth was close to your ear, almost touching it, and you could feel his breath on your neck. You didn't move, you were frozen in place.

He's so close. He's so close. He's so close. He's right here. This is too close. Too close. So close.

Your thoughts were racing out of control, you could feel the heat rising up to your cheeks. Akise didn't usually act like this.

"A-Akise?", you squeak out.

Akise blinks and pulls away, scratching the back of his neck, acting like nothing just happened, "Right. Uh, Yuki and Yuno are out on a 'date' today, so I guess we won't be seeing them. Oh, right, they said that they were going to look into another school for us to transfer into, seeing that our last one kind of got... Bombed.".

You shudder a bit at the memories of that incident before nodding, "Yeah, I guess looking for a different school would be the best idea.".

Akise nods in agreement before sighing a bit and brushing his fingers through his hair, "Also, yesterday while we were at Yuki's house, 'Michi' killed two people. So I guess... That means that it couldn't of been you, as you were passed out in the storage room at that time.".