CHAPTER 16

ohhboi this is the longest chapter yet. enjoy.

"Nice to meet you, Big Sisters Yuno and (Y/n) and Big Brothers Akise and Yuki~", the orange hair kid said with a toothy grin, after hearing your introductions.

"Nice to meet you too, Reisuke.", Yuki said kindly, returning the smile to the kid before looking over to his mother, "But why is he staying with us?".

Yuki's mom, Rea frowns a bit, "Well, that's er...", she looks around awkwardly, not knowing how to say it, "Um Reisuke. How about you go wait in the kitchen? You can help me make dinner, I'll join you in a second.", Rea smiles apologetically, and leads Reissue to the kitchen, before coming back to the room that you were all in.

"Have you guys heard about the incident, the incident with the Omekata cult?", Rea asks with a subtle tilt of her head.

The three of you exchange knowing glances at each other, not wanting to admit that you were all caught up in the middle of what happened.

"Uh... I may of vaguely heard of it...", you speak up for the three of you, "Lots of people died and stuff... Right?", you add a slight confused tone in your voice to make your lie seem more believable.

You hear Akise mutter something under his breath, something along the lines of, 'And she's good at lying too. More evidence.'.

You give Akise a slight glare and he just holds his hands up in defence, smirking very slightly.

You both knew that for the moment, you were on a mutual agreement to rest the argument of you happening to be the serial killer.

"Yeah. A lot of people did die. It's terrible really.", Rea continues, "Anyway, that kid, Reisuke. Both his parents were killed. He's going to stay with Yuki and I, just until he can find a more permanent home, ok?".

Yuki nods his head, "Sure.".

Rea smiles at all of you, "You must all be Yuki's friends, right? Well, I've already met Yuno. Yuki's girlfriend, of course.", Rea smiles fondly at Yuno who blushes bashfully in response, Yuki just looks like he wants to kill himself though.

"Uh, yeah. I'm (Y/n). Yuki's classmate.", you smile and nod your head before pointing to Akise, "That's Akise.".

"Akise Aru.", Akise says with a nod while shaking Rea's hand, "Nice to meet you. You must be a very nice mother to bring up such a perfect son-".

You cough awkwardly before muttering under your breath, "Akise. Your gay is showing.".

Yuno just glares at Akise for a split second and Yuki doesn't seem to care, thinking that Akise was just joking around.

"Ehh?", Rea leans in close to Akise, her eyes like slits, "Do you happen to have a crush on my son? Really? I thought that you and (Y/n) were a couple. You sure do seem like it.".

Akise pulls away from Rea slightly, his cheeks dusted lightly with a pink blush, "Really? Is it that obvious?".

"Wh-what do you mean 'is it that obvious'!?", you stutter out in frustration before waving your hands frantically at Rea before she could get the wrong idea, "No, no, no! We're not a couple! He's just being annoying, ignore him.".

Akise lets out a chuckle under his breath and Rea giggles, "Arguing like an old married couple. I see.", she observes, which makes you go beet red.

"Yuki and I will be an old married couple one day!", Yuno declares happily which makes Rea beam at her.

"And I'll help you find the perfect dress!", Rea offers.

Yuki groans and brings his face into his palms.