CHAPTER 20

You know, it's not exactly easy to try and maintain a calm voice when there's a lethal object at your neck, but to be honest, you think you did a pretty good job.

"Um.. Not meaning to sound rude or anything but... Aren't you meant to be dead?", you question Hinata, closing your eyes and trying to focus on anything besides the blade at your neck.

"That corpse was just a fake corpse. Honestly (Y/n), I've seen you and Akise hanging around each other, plus when you said you lived together, my suspicions were confirmed-".

"Your suspicions that (Y/n) and I are actually a married couple? Because if that's the case, then you are correct!", Akise chimes out, sounding slightly too cheerful considering the current situation.

Wow maybe Mao killing you right now actually would be the better option, rather than listening to Akise be annoying.

"Wh-what? No? Just my suspicions that you were both close. So that's why I invited you to this park today, to use you as bait to get Akise's diary!".

Your eyes open wide, "Excuse me? First of all, why am I bait? Honestly I am much better than to be labeled as 'bait' and second of all.. Did you say, Akise's diary?".

Hinata nods, "Yes, Akise's diary. I've already got it all figured out... You! Akise Aru! Are a diary holder!", she accused, pointing her finger at him dramatically.

Now, you knew in your head that this wasn't possible at all! You'd been living with Akise for the past few weeks, and you knew that your diary didn't make any sounds when you were around him. Unless he was staying with the future that was written for him. Or maybe he had some sort of silent diary? No, no, no, there was no way Akise had a diary, if he did, he would have told you about it... Right? But what if this was all an act, this whole situation, you thinking that you could actually become friends with him. What if that was all an act until he got the opportunity to destroy your diary?

Akise sighs and throws his hands up in the air, as if signalling his defeat, though his lips were pointed upwards into a small smirk, "Looks like you've got me all figured out."

You gulp, he's lying, right? Akise's good at lying, good at making the enemy believe what he wanted them to believe. He certainty shouldn't be a diary holder.

He then pulls a flip-phone out of his pocket and flipping it open in one swift movement. "How about we make a deal?" he grins, waving his phone around temptingly, "Let's play a game, we can both use our diaries. If you win, I'll give you my diary. But if I win, then you have to let (Y/n) go. Deal?" he walks towards Hinata, extending his arm towards her which she reluctantly shakes.

"Deal. But one condition, my diary is pretty much useless in this sort of game, so..." you feel Mao gently tug your diary out of your grasp and pass it to Hinata, you tense but don't struggle, not willing to risk it.

"I'm going to use (Y/n)'s"

You try to even your breaths, they had your diary, which held equal value to your life at this point. Am I ready to accept death? Eh... Uh... I guess my life hasn't been all that great but hey, could have been worse. Maybe in my next life I can be born as royalty or something... Well, if you're going to die, you may as well die watching something entertaining unfold before you, right? You wonder what game they would play with these life or death stakes. Something exciting like Russian Roulette hopefully!

So when Akise pulls a simple coin out of his pocket and throws it in the air, catching it too fast that you can't see which hand it landed in, asking 'left or right' your mouth hangs open in an 'o' shape for a couple of seconds.