CHAPTER 7

You wake up the next morning, you were happy that there was one less person in this 'survival game' but there was something that you were worrying about. Something that 3rd had said-

"Why isn't it working?!", Takao yells at his phone as you walk closer to him.

Was his future diary malfunctioning? Do they do that? You bite your bottom lip, worried, what if your future diary stopped working? Maybe you should ask Deus about this, you decide.

You close your eyes and zone out, awaking in the room with MuruMuru and Deus.

"Something you need to ask 13th?", Deus asks.

You nod your head, "Yesterday.. When we killed Takao-sensei- I mean- 3rd. He said something about his future diary not working.. Can you explain that?".

"It's simple really.", Deus says, "His diary is limited.".

"Limited? In what way?".

"His diary, it's ability was to help him catch his victims, it's pointless if his victim tries to fight back against him.".

"Does everyones diary have limitations?".

Deus nods, "Yes, even yours 13th.".

"Even mine?", you think, your diary seems like the perfect diary so far, drawing out the scenes for you. Showing you and your surroundings... Then it hit you-

"Oh! My diary, it only shows what's happening in the area around me.".

Deus nods, "So if there was someone with a gun aimed at you, at the top of a tall building, while you were on the ground, it wouldn't be helpful at all.".

You laugh nervously, "Let's hope no one tries that!".

"Also!!", MuruMuru buts in, "If there's someone you were trying to protect.".

You tilt your head, "Why would I want to protect anyone?".

MuruMuru purses her lips, "Your boyfriend- That white haired guy who follows you around-".

You go bright red, "He's not my boyfriend! And I actually don't want him following me around, it's annoying. He's the LAST person I would want to protect.".

"Sure, whatever you say~", she giggles.

You look down, still as red as a tomato and grit your teeth, "Thanks for your help. I'll be going now.".

You open your eyes, back in your own room. Now you understood the future diaries better, that's good.

You put on your clothes for school and lazily style your hair to the schools standards.

You walk over to Akise's room and knock on the door, "Akise?".

Akise opens the door, already dressed, "Yeah?".

"Are you coming to school today..? Or do you have another case to work on or something...".

Akise smiles gently at you, "Nope, today I'll be joining you at school".

You grin, "Great!!".

Akise raises an eyebrow at your happy expression but shrugs and walks to the kitchen.

Your cheeks go a faint pink, why were you so happy that he was going to school today?

You walk to the kitchen, following behind Akise, when you finally enter the kitchen you see the pink and purple haired girl eating a piece of toast, "M-morning (Y/n)!", she chirps, ignoring Akise.