CHAPTER 8

"Yuki? Are you hurt?".

"No, I'm fine Yuno...", Yuki assures her, even though he seems slightly traumatised, "How about you (Y/n)?".

You look at the now-destroyed classroom you were just in. If you were in there a second longer you would of been blown to bits!

"U-uh... Yeah... I'm fine...", you mumble, not taking your eyes off the room you were in, one of the walls had been blown off completely and there were bits of wood all around the floor.

Screams could be heard, and students were all finding places to hide. But everything sounded distorted, your ears were still ringing from the sound of the blast.

Suddenly, you snapped out of your trance, "Akise!!", you yell out, distressed.

Yuno raises an eyebrow, "Akise?", she then giggles, "I didn't take you as the type who cared about others, (Y/n)~".

"I-I mean... He's probably... Uh... He was my first real friend!", you say, thinking back on the times when you were actually close friends as kids.

"That's a strange combo.", Yuki points out, "A murderer and a detective? Friends?".

"A-ah... I mean... W...We're not really friends now!", you grin sheepishly.

You were cut off by the sound of Minene's voice.

"Attention!".

You all run to a window and look outside, seeing Minene standing outside with a loudspeaker.

"I have several motion bombs located around the school. No one can escape. Now if you all cooperate with me, I can deactivate the bombs... If you can hand over Yukiteru Amano and (Y/n) (L/n), I'll deactivate them, simple, eh?".

Yuki's eyes go wide and yours do too, "No way- She knows...".

Yuno just smiles affectionately at Yuki, "Don't worry Yuki~ I'll protect you! Besides, your diary doesn't have a dead end flag up yet, right?".

Yuki seems to calm down a little, "Yeah, that's right. It doesn't say anything about 13th either.".

Yuno's eyes twinkle, "Since you both are going to be fine. I'll go find a way to kill Minene. If my diary notices anything bad happening to Yuki, I'll come save him~", she giggles before walking away from you.

You let out a sigh of relief and look at the students around you, searching for some white hair.

You then noticed everyone was staring at you.

Your mouth makes an 'O' shape.

Of course, everyone wanted to capture you now.

A guy with shaggy black hair walks over to you 2, "Hey Yuki. I just want you to remember, no matter what, we're friends, right? We'd never betray you.".

You recognise this person to be in the same class as you, what was his name again...? Kousaka was it...? Was he always Yuki's friend..?

Yuki smiles and laughs nervously, "Yeah. Thanks.".

You look at him cautiously but don't say anything.

3 guys walk up from behind Kousaka and each one of them grab one of Yuki's limbs. Kousaka grabs his remaining leg. "But you understand, right? We don't want to die, do we now.".

Yuki's eyes go wide as they start to drag him, you hear static from his diary.

"Don't worry", you whisper to him, "Yuno will save you. Right?".