CHAPTER 15

"How was your sleep, Akise?", you tease him with a smirk, knowing that he had to sleep on the cold floor after you had pushed him out of your bed, as he walks into the living room area which was where you were sitting, eating a bowl of cereal.

"Awful.", he says bluntly, his light blue pyjamas were insanely creased up and his hair was super-messy and not styled, so his bangs kept falling infront of his eyes and he had to keep pushing them out of the way. He didn't look like he was amused in the slightest, infact, he looked more-than-slightly pissed off. "You know I'm not a morning person,", he continues, "And sleeping on a cold, hard, surface isn't pleasant in the slightest way. I had an awful sleep, I was cold and uncomfortable. You really are cruel (Y/n), insanely cruel.", he stretches his arms out and lets out a large yawn.

You didn't flinch, you were used to Akise being grumpy in the mornings, he was especially grumpy now with the bad sleep he got, "Sorry", you start, even though you weren't sorry at all, "But I never said you could sleep in my bed."

"Actually, you did. Once we got back here and I laid you in your bed, about to leave, you clutched onto my arm and begged me to stay with you, so I obliged.".

You go beet red in the face, "Wh-what? I wouldn't say that. You're lying. You liar. Detectives aren't meant to lie, you know?".

Akise shrugs and walks into the kitchen area and walks back out shortly, carrying a slice of bread with jam in it in his right hand and a cup of iced-fruit tea in his left.

He slowly eats the bread, with a slight frown on his face, occasionally having to blow his bangs out of the way of his eyes.

It was kind of pleasant, seeing Akise like this. It was almost as if he was a completely different person in the mornings. His appearance was a lot more messy, contrary to his usual neat and styled attire. You wrinkle your nose, he was also a lot more annoying in the mornings.

"Is that Michi girl not home?", he asks you, once he had finished with his bread and tea.

You shake your head, "She said she had some business to get to. She said she'd be back later tonight, probably.".

Akise nods, even though it looked like he didn't even care at all.

You were starting to feel uncomfortable in the silence, it seemed as if Akise was really, really, mad with you. And you felt guilty, even though you didn't want to feel guilty you couldn't help it. Akise was always there, comforting you, and you never did anything nice in return.

"Um.", you break the silence, "Akise? I-I er...", you take a deep breath, "I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry for kicking you out of my bed like that and um, to make it up to you we can take a walk around town together. I'll buy you lunch even, okay?".

Akise seems to like this idea as he immediately perks up, looking over at you with a ghost of a smile on his lips, "Really? That doesn't sound like a half-bad idea. I'll go get ready.", he stands up, and walks to his room.

Once he had left you instantly start freaking out, thoughts clouding your mind.

Oh my gosh I just asked Akise out on a date. Wait- It's not really a date though, it's not like we're in a romantic relationship or anything, this is just... Two friends, hanging out. Yeah. Wait- Since when did I consider Akise my friend? He's my enemy!

You clear your thoughts out of your mind, there was no time for that, and you make your way to your room seeing that you had to get ready as well.

"What to wear... What to wear...", you murmur to yourself as you run your hand along the clothes hanging in your wardrobe.

You eventually decide on wearing a black tennis skirt and a grey top with an alien design on it and some knee high black socks.