CHAPTER 19

New school. New people. New friends. And also new opportunities to set a crap first impression of yourself and get embarrassed infront of heaps of strangers.

According to your art diary, it showed you getting laughed at by your class just at your introduction.

But you were going to do it. You were going to set a good first impression and change the future written! Everyone would think of you as a great person and no one will suspect you of being a murderer or laugh at you at all (unless you made a funny joke, then you'd rather people laugh)!

Though your first dilemma was deciding on what to wear, as this school didn't have any uniform policies and you had no idea what to wear on your first day.

"Akise! Help me!", you whine rather loudly.

Only a few seconds after your call of help, Akise opens the door to your room and steps in.

"What is it, Baby girl?".

You scrunch your face up, "Baby girl? What sort of stupid pet name is that? At least give me something good if you're going to give me a nickname!".

"I thought that if I called you Baby girl you could call me Daddy. You seem like the sort of person to have a daddy kink...".

The heat rushes up to your cheeks, "I do not have a daddy kink! Don't assume things like that!".

"Okay, okay. What would you prefer instead then? Cupcake? Princess? Sweetheart? M'Lady?".

"I don't want any of them. They all sound like couple nicknames. I don't want people getting the wrong idea and thinking that I'm together with someone like you.".

"Oh wait!", Akise snaps his fingers together, completely ignoring your last comment, "I know! How about 'Michi'?".

"Stop.", you say cooly, keeping your voice as even as possible, "We already established that I'm not the murderer. Besides, didn't you say that you would drop the topic of it until this survival game is over?".

"I know, I know, I was just teasing. Anyway, what do you need my help for?".

"Well, this is a pretty important question. But what do you think I should wear for school? I don't want to wear something that will embarrass me infront of all these people, which apparently I'm going to do, according to my diary.".

"What you should wear... What would look good on you... Hm...", Akise thinks aloud whilst stroking an invisible beard, "How about you just wear nothing at all?".

You cough, "Ex-excuse me?", you splutter out.

"I said just wear anything at all.", he smiles innocently at you, "Anything would look good. Besides, people don't actually care about what you wear. Unless you turn up in a furry suit or a pole dancing outfit.".

"Oh.", you nod your head, not convinced at all, "Of course.".

"Well, I'm going to be investigating a crime scene today. So good luck at school without me!", he announces, stretching his arms over his head.

"What? You can't just not turn up to school on the first day, that's absurd!", you scold him whilst laying out the outfit you choose on your bed, a large black t-shirt dress, shorts and knee socks. Then searching for a black satchel to keep your diary in.

"In case you didn't know, which you probably don't, the school that Yuno and Yukiteru chose for you to now attend is the one that I was previously enrolled in, before I switched so I could 'keep an eye' on you.".

"Fine. It'll probably be a better day without you there anyway.", you stick your bottom lip out into a childish pout and cross your arms over your chest.