CHAPTER 10

"The school is rigged with motion bombs? How do we know how to get to Minene safely?", you question Akise.

He just smiles and pulls out his cellphone, "Seeing that Minene was working in this school, just for today, she had access to everyone's contact numbers. She texted everyone a map of how to go to her safely so we could hand you in, how else do you think Kousaka and his friends managed to get Yukiteru to her without getting blown to bits?", he raises an eyebrow, "You really aren't that observant, are you now?".

"Shut up. Okay, she sent you a map. That's pretty stupid. People can just escape.".

"But the pathway leads to directly infront of her. And she could easily detonate the bombs manually.".

"True, true. So, what is your amazing plan anyway?".

"It's not exactly amazing, in fact, it's quite simple. Even someone with a brain capacity as small as yours could come up with this plan.".

Your eyebrow twitches at the insult but you use all your self-restraint to not snap back at him, "Sure thing...".

"I'm just going to 'hand you in' to her.".

"What, you're going to 'pretend to hand me in' or something.", you laugh dryly, "How can I trust that you're not really handing me in?".

"Look, just hear me out, ok? After I hand you in to her, she won't kill you or Yukiteru because Yuno won't be there yet. She's using Yukiteru as bait to lure her out anyway. But when Yuno does decide to make her entrance, I'm assuming she's also going to try and kill Minene. I'll contact 4th to come, when Minene is distracted with Yuno, he'll shoot at Minene. That will give both you and Yukiteru a chance to attack at her as well. I'll also contact a few of our classmates and see if they can cause a distraction too. It's technically going to be four against one, plus a whole load of distractions, the probability of her winning is close to nothing, so, what's your verdict?".

"Wow. I was expecting you to come up with some really cool plan, but that's actually really stupid. A six year old could come up with that.".

"Apparently a six year old could and you couldn't.".

"Tsk. Fine, whatever. It's the only option we've got anyway.".

"Wonderful,", he smiles, "Then I'll contact 4th and the students now.".

He begins texting and you lean against a wall while waiting, should I really be trusting him right now? Well, it's not like I've got a better plan anyway, guess it will have to do.

"Ok.", he opens the map up on his phone, "All set. Let's get going.".

"Yes, let's.".

You walk together, Akise leading the way as he was the one with the map, you can't help but feel slightly nervous, you were just going to get handed over to someone who wanted you dead. You bite your lip and furrow your brow, trying to keep calm.

"(Y/n)? Are you alright?", Akise calls out to you.

"Huh?".

You didn't realise, but your pace must of slowed down quite a bit as you were lost in your thoughts, you were now about 10 steps behind Akise.

"Oh... I'm uh... Fine.", you lie, not wanting to admit you were nervous. Akise had already seen your soft side once today, once was more than enough.

Akise walks over to you, sensing your unease, he holds both your hands and gives them a reassuring squeeze, "Relax.".

Your cheeks go a faint shade of pink from the sudden contact, "Uh.. Yeah, ok, I'm calm, totally calm, totally fine.".

Akise nods and lets go of one of your hands, keeping hold of your left hand he continues walking.