New Flame

"Tell me if you're ready. Baby come and get it. Try a new thing. And let's spark a new flame."- Chris Brown

Kyrie- "I still can't believe your gonna be Chris Brown's personal assistant!" squealed my best friend Jaylon. We were chilling at Starbucks, sipping our caramel frappé's and taking full advantage of the free Wi-Fi.

"It's just temporary, until I get a job I actually want." I sighed as I scrolled through my Instagram feed.

Jaylon looked at me like I was stuck on stupid. "So your telling me that your not happy you got the job?" She questioned, raising her freshly waxed brows at me.

I took another sip of my frappé. "No... I'm happy. I'm just not excited." I answered honestly.

"Any girl would be excited to be in your shoes right now." Jaylon spat as she focused her attention on her Apple Laptop.

"I thought things would've been so different by now for me..." I sighed.

"What you mean?" Jaylon asked, still staring at her laptop screen.

"You know what I'm talking about Jay. I'm a UCLA graduate. I got my Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism. After all those internships I did in college, I thought at least one of them would have called me and offered me a full-time job. It's been 7 months after graduation and still no job offers." I said rolling my eyes.

"It takes time Ky. Just be patient." Jaylon replied looking up at me.

"That's easy for you to say. You got your fashion marketing job in no time." I smirked rolling my eyes.

Me and Jaylon had met freshman year during college. Turns out, we grew up in the same neighborhood back in Houston. We were both trying out for the basketball dance team. We became close after finding out that we were both being played by the same dude. Ironic I know. Jaylon was my ninja for life. We had went through a lot during college, both hustling to work part time, keep good grades, and stay active on campus. Our bond only got tighter after graduation. We currently shared a two bedroom apartment in the suburbs of L.A. Living in Los Angeles was expensive and we vowed to go through the struggle together than alone. My life changed completely after moving to California. I was completely on my own and a sistah had to hustle hard to get it, and make connections. It wasn't easy but I've come a long way since then.

"Don't get mad at me because fashion marketing is in a higher demand than broadcast journalism." Jaylon shot back.

"And let's not forget that I still owe 2k in student loans." I whined taking a bite of my blueberry muffin.

Jaylon rolled her eyes. "And I owe 3k. Now shut up and stop complaining. Besides this job is a wonderful opportunity. You get to see up close how a celebrity lives and you know Chris got connections. He might be able to hook you up."

"Woah slow down girl. I'm not about to use that man to my advantage." I said, frowning.

"Whatever." Jaylon said in a sing-song song voice.

"I hate you." I laughed looking back at my iPhone 6.

"I love you too."

We remained silent for the remainder of our time at Starbucks. I had to admit, I was nervous as hell about starting this job tomorrow. Not knowing what to expect was what made it even worse. I was a Chris Brown fan ever since his Run It and Say Goodbye days. But I knew that Chris Brown didn't exist anymore. From all the drama that started back in 2009 with him assaulting Rihanna to now, that nigga was a changed man for sure. He was a father now, had some crazy love triangle going on with Karrueche and Rihanna and baby mama drama. Anything was liable to go down tomorrow. I guess I'd just have to wait and see...