Crawl

"Everybody says we're through. I hope you haven't said it too."- Chris Brown

Karrueche: "These photos are amazing! They turned out so great!" I squealed to my photographer Nick. I had just wrapped up my photoshoot for issue 8 of digital magazine Highsnobiety. With all the crazy ish going on in my personal life, I was keeping myself busy with photoshoots, YouTube tutorials, and even doing a little acting.

"I'm glad you like them. The proofs will be out by the end of the week." Nick stated, putting his camera down.

"Karrueche!!"

I turned around to see my manager, Lisa, speed walking toward me.

"What's up?" I giggled, putting on my robe.

"Have you seen the latest talk about Chris?" She panted.

I rolled my eyes. Even though it was easy to put up a front that I was officially done with Chris, I was still hurting. And I still loved him.

"What's new?" I smirked.

Lisa shoved her iPhone in my face, showing me an article of Chris titled Has Chris Moved On From Karrueche?? There was a picture of him helping a pretty brownskin girl into the car. I scrolled down some more and saw a picture of Chris, August, and the girl. I rolled my eyes again before quickly reading the article.

"R&B singer Chris Brown has been spotted all around New York these past four days with a particular beauty. According to sources, her name is Kyrie Taylor and she's the singers personal assistant. But their relationship doesn't appear to just be business only. The duo are very flirtatious according to onlookers and even shared a intimate dance together at Westway on Tuesday night. Chris 26, and Kyrie 23, have been seen in various parts of New York going on shopping sprees, sightseeing, and clubbing. Brown hasn't commented on the status of the relationship, but he does appear to be happy and enjoys spending his money on Taylor. As far as Karrueche goes, there's no comment there. Karrueche broke up with Chris earlier this year after finding out he impregnated a woman he had an affair with during their relationship."

"Thanks for showing me this Lisa. I'm gonna go change." I stated dryly, quickly walking away before she could say anything. My mind was racing like crazy. Who the fuck was this girl??? Even though Chris tried his best to win me back, the thought of seeing him in another relationship so soon after us made me sick. I wanted to see him suffer for hurting me the way he did. Here I am, afraid to even get in a relationship and he's having a good ole time like shit ain't happened. It had been months since we last spoke, but I think I was ready to finally get some closure from him. After changing, and making my way to my car, I sat there, contemplating my next move.

"Just call him." I sighed, pressing the call button. Even though I had deleted his number, I still remembered it by heart. After six rings, he answered.

"Kae?"

I took a deep breathe before speaking. "Hey Chris."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Chris: "I still can't believe you agreed to meet with me." I said, staring Karrueche straight in the eyes. I was at tech rehearsal, when she called and asked if she could see me. I thought she was fucking with me at first, but she wasn't. A nigga was lowkey nervous, I hadn't seen or talked to Karrueche in months. But now we was here. In her hotel room where she was staying for the week. Karrueche sat on the bed, looking around the room nervously. I took the chair from the nearby table, sitting in front of her.

"So how have you been?" I asked.

"I've been good. I'm keeping myself busy. Focusing on my career, modeling, and I have a audition coming up for a movie." She answered.
I rubbed my hands together. "That's great. But honestly Kae, how have you been? We haven't talked since you found out about Nia and Royalty. It's-"