Regular Girl

"The fame don't mean nothing, neither does the money. I just want my friend right here with me."- Chris Brown

Kyrie: "Mike this picture is dope! You got mad skills. Chris is gonna love this!" I squealed in excitement, as my eyes roamed the portrait over. It was just the way I pictured it, and so much more.

"Thanks. It was fun, drawing this. I'm a fan of Chris, so I enjoyed doing this portrait." Mike said, with a shrug.

"Thank you so much. I'm definitely going to be coming to you again." I replied giving him a hug.

I turned around to leave, only to be stopped by Mike grabbing my hand. I looked at him funny, turning around.

He let my arm go. "I'm sorry. I usually don't do this, but I wanted to know if you'd be down to go out sometime. Dinner, movie, theme park, concert, whatever."

I looked down at my red Converse before staring back at him. "I'm flattered Mike. I really am, but I'm gonna have to say no because I just went through a bad breakup and..." My voice trailed off thinking about Chris. It still felt surreal that he had feelings for me. This man could have any woman he wanted, and he wanted me. I still couldn't believe it. His words from last week still echoed through my mind:

"That's all I needed to know. I don't blame you for being scared. I know I have a bad history with women, but trust and believe I'm learning from my mistakes everyday and your experience with your ex taught me a lot about the shit I did. I don't want to hurt you. I won't pressure you to do anything you don't want to do, but give me a chance to prove myself to you."

Even though I had my doubts about taking it to that level with Chris, I still wanted to give it a try. I knew his words were genuine and I was just going to have to trust my heart on this one.

"I understand Kyrie. I just got out of a relationship too. It wouldn't be a date. Just two young adults hanging out." Mike said. He really was pushing it. Why me though?

I nodded. "Sure. I don't see anything wrong with that." I replied, reluctantly giving in.

"Ok. Cool, I'll text you later to set a date then." Mike said, grinning like the cat from Alice In Wonderland. I had given him my number last week to keep me up to date on the portrait.

After picking up the portrait from the art studio, I decided to make a quick run to Starbucks. I was like a white girl when it came to Starbucks. After getting my freshly made strawberry banana smoothie and blueberry muffin, I got conformable in a cushioned seat. I pulled out my laptop, searching the latest Chris Brown news. Besides stuff on Royalty, Nia, and the BTS concert, I was on the top for discussion. Everybody was calling me Chris's Current Fling. I still wasn't used to seeing myself all over the blogs, and celeb gossip sites. I scrolled down one article, looking at the comments.

"Who is this new bitch Kyrie? She irrelevant."
"Probably some groupie Chris took under his wing."
"Are they really dating? Chris need to chill."
"These hoes ain't loyal."
"She probably gonna be the next baby mama."
"So she's his new P.A? I bet she sucked dick to get that job. Smh."
"He downgraded from Rih when he went to Kae, now he downgrading even more, going to a bitch don't nobody even know."
"He gon put her on, just like he did Kae."

My eyes stung with tears reading the comments. I still will never understand how people can be so mean and hateful towards someone they don't even know. I couldn't believe they was calling me a bitch and hoe. And claiming I sucked dick to get the job? I was truly at a lost for words.

"Kyrie... Is that you?"

I looked up to see Trey. He was smiling and holding a frappé.

I quickly closed my laptop, blinking back my tears. "Hey Trey. I would call you Tremaine, but Trey is easier with only one syllable."