Heart Ain't A Brain

**This story is dedicated to my lil sister chaunceynicole_98!!! If it wasn't for her giving me feedback on my stories and encouraging me to keep writing, I would've stopped updating a long time ago. She always hounding me about updates. So thank her. Anyways love you ❤❤❤❤ on with the story lol.**
_______________________________________________

"My heart's impatient. Can't understand the time we're takin'. My heart can't have. My heart can't decide."- Chris Brown

Kyrie: "I'm sorry Chris isn't available at the moment but I'll make sure to tell him you called." I said quickly, before hanging up the phone. I let out a frustrated sigh, continuing to put in Chris's upcoming event dates. But even doing that seemed impossible. I leaned back in my swivel chair taking a deep breathe. It had been two weeks since he told me that he was basically using me as a way to get over Kae and that he still loved her. Was I hurt about it? Hell yeah. But I wasn't gonna mope about it. Instead of being petty and leaving the house, I moved my things from Chris's room and into the guest room next to Royalty's playroom. I would've called Jay, but her and Marcus are nympho's so that was a no go. I pretty much avoided him as much as I could but that was hard since I worked for him and stayed in his house.

It's made me realize that my whole life has pretty much revolved around Chris since working for him. Before I got this job I was on my daily grind trying to get something in broadcast journalism, now it's like I gave that up. I'm not a social butterfly that goes partying every weekend. Jaylon is my only friend. Outside of my job with Chris I have no life. Just thinking about it, made my blood boil with anger. It was time for me to start doing some shit on my own. I took my phone out deciding to send Mike a quick text.

Me: Hey wanna hang out today? I'm bored.
Sent at 2:23 PM

Mike: Sure. We can meet up at my art studio.
Received at 2:25 PM

I couldn't help but smile, when I heard the door open. My smile fell seeing it was Chris. "Can I help you sir?" I asked dryly, putting my phone away. Chris looked down, stuffing his hands in his Bape shorts. "Um... I'm gonna have to give you a pay cut from 5,000 a week to 2,000 because I got this custody battle going on with Nia and then I have a lot of other shit to pay for with this upcoming tour and all." he answered.

I shrugged unfazed. "Ok. Anything else?"

"Can we talk?" Chris asked. I got up, collecting my things. "Unless it's work related, no. I have somewhere to be. By the way, the producer for real husbands of Hollywood called about you doing a cameo. I told him you would get back with them on it. Now if you excuse me, I have to get ready." I said, walking past him. Chris grabbed my arm. I turned around, snatching it away.

"Where you going?" he questioned. "Out." I answered walking to my room and slamming the door before he could ask me anything else.

>>>>

"Wow these are so beautiful!" I gushed admiring Mike's mural of hip hop artists from the 90's like N.W.A, Tupac, Biggie, Lil Kim, Snoop, Diddy, etc. I was actually having a good time with him. After meeting up at his art studio, we grabbed some Wing Stop and hung out making small talk, getting to know each other better, before he gave me a tour of his studio and work. He suggested Netflix and Chill at first, but I was like hell nah. Like Drake said, you know how that shit goes.

"Thank you. I try." Mike chuckled modestly. "All your stuff is dope. You definitely should look into getting your stuff on display across the country." I said, touching the mural.

"I am actually. Thing is I gotta get the money to start investing into it. But if this plan me and my homeboy got planned works out I'll have the money soon." Mike said, rubbing his hands together. I looked at him smiling. "I hope it works out. You deserve it." I replied. "I'm suprised you texted me out of the blue wanting to hang out." Mike said, changing the subject. I raised a brow at him. "You are?"