I Love You

I dedicate this story to @NewMommy014!! Thank you for the mad love you've shown for my story. Just when I was on the verge of unpublishing, your comments really encouraged me.❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤**
______________________________________________

"I done met a lot of girls in my life but they not like you... I done been with the best and baby you the best of the best you the greatest... I don't know what it is, but I love you."- Chris Brown

Tappahannock, Virginia
October 15
1:15 AM

Omniscient: Chris tossed and turned in his sleep, before waking up sighing. He couldn't sleep for nothing. He got up, making his way to the bathroom and splashed cold water on his face. He passed his mother's room, hearing her light snoring, before focusing his attention on the room Kyrie was in. He noticed the light was still on. He tiptoed to the door, lightly knocking. A few seconds later, Kyrie answered wearing an oversized Nike t-shirt, Jordan socks, and satin cap.

"You look like my grandma." Chris chuckled lightly, pointing to her cap. "Boy bye. What do you want?" Kyrie smirked.

"I can't sleep."

"Ok... What that got to do with me?"

"Can you keep me company? I'm asking as your boss."

Kyrie rolled her eyes. "Damn nigga, why you gotta be so needy?" She whisper-yelled, not wanting to wake Mama Joyce up.

"C'mon. I wanna show you something." Chris said. "Lemme put on some sweats." Kyrie mumbled before closing the door. She hated when Chris pulled the boss card out on her.

>>>>

"This is what you wanted to show me?" Kyrie asked, sitting next to Chris on the dock. He had drove them out to the woods by a vast lake. It was very quiet. Only thing you could hear was the sound of the wind blowing and light ripples in the lake. It was very dark, but the light gleaming from the vast array of stars showed everything.

"Yeah. I use to come here as a kid. Whenever my parents would fight or I just wanted to get away from everything, I would just come here. It seemed like the safest place where I could just be me." Chris said, bringing his knees to his chest.

Kyrie nodded. "I can see why you would come here. It's very peaceful, and these stars, it's so many! I've never seen the stars like this." She exclaimed, admiring God's creation.

"I know. That's another reason why I wanted to take you here. To show you the stars. I remember how you said you always wanted to see them like this." Chris replied. "You remembered that?" Kyrie asked, thinking about their conversation back in New York.

Chris shrugged. "Of course I remembered. I remember everything about you Ky." he stated quietly. Kyrie inwardly smiled at his thoughtfulness, because she had lowkey forgot about that conversation. A comfortable silence washed over them as they admired the beauty of the stars.

"I wanted to sing you something." Chris said, breaking the silence. "It's a verse I've been working on for a song. I don't think it sounds good, so can you tell me what you think?"

"Of course." Kyrie replied, facing him. She loved hearing Chris sing. Especially when it was just him. No music, no instruments, no autotune, or back up singers. Just his voice. Pure and raw.

Chris took a deep breathe before allowing the words to roll off his tongue as he sung.

"My face above the water, and my feet can't touch the ground. Touch the ground. And it feels like I can see the sands on the horizon everytime you are not around. Slowly drifting away. Wave after wave. Wave after wave. Slowly drifting. And it feels like I'm drowning, pulling against the stream."

Chris looked at Kyrie, biting his bottom lip. "So what do you think?"

"That was beautiful. It was deep." She answered, honestly. "Is that how you really feel?"

Chris ran his hands down his face. "When it comes to love, that's how I feel." he confessed.

"I now understand why you didn't give me a second chance." he continued, staring her deep in the eyes. "You fell in love with me, and I took that shit for granted. I know it's not easy loving me Ky. Sometimes my emotions be all over the place. But despite me hurting you, you didn't switch up on me. You didn't change-"

"Chris I-"

"No Ky, let me finish." Chris said, cutting her off. "You never was my backup plan. I was just too dumb to realize that the girl I needed in my life been in front of me the whole time. I'm done denying it. I love you Kyrie Denise Taylor. I'm in love with you, and I promise I won't ever take your love for granted. I'm begging for you to give me a second chance and allow me to love you the right way." Chris's heart was pounding in his chest as he poured his heart out to her, hoping that she wouldn't reject him.

Kyrie stared at Chris in shock. She couldn't believe what she had just heard. The sincerity in his voice and genuiness in his eyes intrigued her. The three little words she had been waiting to hear for so long rang through her mind, as tears streamed down her face. She couldn't help but cry.

"Did I say something wrong? Please don't cry Ky." Chris said, wiping her tears with his index finger. "It's okay. They're happy tears." Kyrie laughed, wiping her face.

Once she gained her composure, Kyrie stared at Chris, intertwining their fingers. She missed the way his hands felt in hers.

"Christopher Maurice Brown, I'm gonna allow you back into my heart because my feelings for you didn't go away. I'm willing to give this a try again. But you have to meet me halfway. I love you." Kyrie said.

"I love you too." Chris replied, before kissing her lips hungrily. He missed the feel and taste of her sweet lips. As their kiss deepened with passion, Chris was more than determined to never let Kyrie slip through his fingers ever again.

______________________________________________

Writing this made me so happy!

Chris poured out his heart...

Kyrie's giving him another chance...

Vote/Comment/Share

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Kira❤