Chapter One: Scam On The Back of A Cereal Box.

The Artist and the Dancer

All Rights Reserved©

Started Monday, September 21, 2015

||This story is a spin off to 'The Bad Boy and The Tomboy'. I highly suggest you read TBBATTB but you can also read this as a standalone it doesn't really matter...at least I don't think so. Warning: swearing- like always, maybe minor cliffhangers etc etc...||

Update: The first book of this universe, The Bad Boy and The Tomboy will be published on October 13th, 2020 by Wattpad Books. The published version Wattpad will be put into the Paid Story program along with hitting bookstores on that date. Order link is in my bio. The original Wattpad version of that story will be put into the Paid program as well. 

Chapter One: "Scam On The Back of A Cereal Box."

"SYDNEY, HAVE YOU finished unpacking?" My mom yelled from the living room. The apartment had smelt like mothballs now it smelt like vanilla, my mom's favorite scent.

I looked around my room. The beige paint on the walls was something I knew I didn't want to bother saving money up to change it. Part of the wall was covered with posters of inspirational dancing posters and a bulletin board that had a whiteboard calendar. My small bed twin bed was kind of big (not really) enough for 5'8 height with a light blue cover.

The rest of the room contained my stuff, my clothes sorted thoroughly in the closet, and my things organized on my small desk and drawer next to my bed. But some of my other things were in a box for the shelf that was coming later this week. "Yeah, I think so."

"Then would you mind checking the mail for me downstairs?" She said. I can hear her footsteps coming up the tiny hall she had put pictures of me with or without her on. Most of them were of me at my competitions, dancing my heart out since I was three.

My mom opened the door and looked at me, sitting on my bed. She had a small smile on her delicate face. I've been told that I mostly look like her constantly and I see it. Her background from the Dominican Republic and South African gave her a warm brown skin tone. However, I was a bit lighter because my father was of Filipino descent.

I stood up, packing my thick, extremely really curly hair into a messy ponytail. "I'll go."

Walking, past her 5'4 figure I headed into the living room, grabbing the keys from the counter. The small place was a big adjustment from our big townhouse back in Toronto. Moving to this town was a big change too besides not seeing my friends and my dance crew. I knew some things would never change though like my mom wanting to know where I am at all times. She was protective.

I looped my fingers through the key hole as I walked out the door, closing it behind me. I walked down the hall, the smell of food hitting my nostrils as some family left their apartment door open. I clicked the down button for the elevator before hearing the familiar ringtone coming from my phone.

I took it out of my pocket. It wasn't anything special in fact it was a Blackberry Bold. I answered the call, pressing the phone to my ear. "Hey Wesley."

I could practically hear the smile in his voice. "Hey Sid, how's the new life?"

"It's going great." I said with dry humor in my voice. The elevator light button turned off signaling that the elevator was here.

One of the two doors opened and I stepped inside the empty elevator. When the doors closed I turned around, facing the dirty mirror on the other side. "Did you get the job?"

I looked at my reflection noticing the circles under my eyes. "Yeah they emailed me yesterday. It's kind of a step up from working at Gio's Pizzeria."