Chapter Fifty-Nine: In This Household We Speak English.

Dedicated to @Bookworm4Ever08 for one of her amazing covers at the top! Go check out for cover book💕💕

Lorde's Melodrama is gooood guys :)

One more chapter. Then an Epilogue.

Any questions you have about any character, please address them on this line.

Chapter Fifty-Nine: "In This Household We Speak English."

MY MOM AND I were sitting down across one another eating our dessert at a restaurant. I heard my phone buzz in my pocket again, knowing my friends were at some graduation party but I didn't care at the moment. I was right here where I wanted to be with my mom.

We had graduated today. We graduated together and although I had ended my grade twelve year with people I didn't expect I was happy to end it with them. Especially with Octavia there since she was the ultimate hype person because when they called my name the girl proceeded to scream as loud as she could for me and if she had the option of bringing a confetti cannon I was certain she would have done so.

My family which extended from Michelle's to Wesley, including my dad, had been with me throughout the entire day but as the day started to fade, they all had to drive back to Toronto leaving me and my mom together. Despite my dad and my mom's situation, they had managed not to say anything negative to one another for the sake of my day and that put a huge smile on my face. 

My mom looked at me several times as if she didn't know how to start the next conversation. Eventually, she gave up and spoke. "How is Lucas?"

I almost snorted, taking a small nibble of the cheesecake on my plate. When I put my fork down, my fingers couldn't help but go to the earrings that my dad had given to me as a present right before he left. "No offence, but I didn't think you'd want to ask that."

"You're my daughter."

A smile came to my face at that response and I pushed my dessert away, not feeling the sweet stuff anyway. "Um, he's doing good. I mean we're finally done school so he's happy about that."

"He is also moving?" She asked me, her eyes looking at the ring on my finger he had given me for my birthday.

I took it off for her to inspect, nodding. "He's moving to Japan for an art program."

"Wow," She said looking at the diamond before handing it back to me without another word about it. "That boy can draw, huh?"

I nodded, taking out something he had given me today. "Yeah. Look at this. He drew this before the ceremony today."

I slid it over to my mom and I watched her examine it. Her index finger brushing over the page with the drawing of me with a black graduation cap on my head. "This is you."

"Yeah." I don't bother mentioning how many times Lucas has drawn me to the point where he could probably do it with like ketchup or something.

"Wow." She slid it back to me. "He's talented."

"That's Lucas for you." I said.

My phone buzzed again and my mom glanced down at it as I quickly put it on silent mode. "Who is that? Him?"

"No. Lucas is with his family celebrating him and Joey's graduation. That was just Octavia." I answered, sliding my phone into my purse.

"Octavia," A smile came to my mom's face. "She's an interesting one."

"You only say that because the first thing she did when she came up to you was hug and you and greet you like you were suddenly part of her family. She called you aunty, mom."