Chapter Twenty: I Rate It.

I got no homework this weekend and I'm happy asf that I have time to write more : )

Twitter: _nikkiofficialw

Chapter Twenty: "I Rate It."

"SYDNEY!" WESLEY YELLED at me Sunday night.

I flinched and stared at him through the screen of my laptop, almost dropping my iPod in my hand. "What?"

"You're not even paying attention to my story. Who are you texting?"

"Someone." I murmured, my fingers practically dancing across the screen quickly.

"Wait is it who I think it is?" Wesley asked and I looked at him to find him staring at me with wide eyes.

I shrugged and he looked to be getting extremely excited. "Holy shit! It's Lucas isn't it?"

I shrugged again, eyeing the three dots showing on the screen. "Wow, now you're texting. Step One is completed."

"There are no steps to this you idiot."I told him, grabbing my phone to answer once Lucas' message popped up.

"There are always steps to a plan."

"I never had a plan in the first place." I told him before eying what he was wearing as he got up, placing his laptop probably on his desk so I could fully see what he was wearing as he backed away. "Are you going somewhere on a Sunday night?"

"Yeah last minute party at some apartment downtown. Apparently it's supposed to be lit. I'm waiting for Michelle and everyone else."

"You look nice."

"Thank you," Wesley grinned, running his hand through his hair a couple of times. "It took me like a half an hour to find this shirt and jacket."

"I figured. How'd you find out about the party?"

"There's this guy I follow on Instagram who goes to that school down the block from where we go-well were you used to go and he kept spamming my entire feed about the damn party and I needed to get out the house anyway."

"I know how you feel." I muttered about wanting to get out of the house.

I've never actually been to a real house party or anything like that. Sure, I've been to a party but majority were like a birthday party and most of them were in fancy banquet halls that my friends had worked hard to afford or begged their parents. I didn't really think I would fit in the whole scene of a party anyway.

"What are you guys talking about that has your eyes glued to your iPod like that."

"You know...just stuff." I told Wesley.

"What kind of stuff?" Wesley asked, grabbing a chair and sitting down in front of his laptop, giving me an annoyed look.

"I mean right now he told me he was working on a new painting."

"Wow he's sharing his artistic mind with you...its getting deep." Just then Wesley's phone beeped. He picked it up before, pocketing it. "I got to go Sydney, Michelle's downstairs."

"What's going on with you two?" I had to ask him.

"Nothing," Wesley admitted with truth in his face. "She didn't tell you? She's kind of dating this guy that goes to a school up north and she sees him like every weekend."

"Wow."

"Yeah. I'll talk to you later or tomorrow. Tell your lover boy I say hi." Wesley grinned and before I had the chance to say something, he logged off. I closed my laptop and pulled out a chair, looking out the window as the moon was out and in my vision.